memories

a month later

Laura Marano

A month had gone by, had it been this long? Well, I wouldn't know either way I've been living in the same moment over and over just me, and the one hoodie I had of his and about a million empty tissue boxes that my best friend would take out every day to maintain some sanity in my life. It was the same routine, every night at 11'30 sharp because she thought I was all cried out, She'd pick up the boxes in utter silence bend down next to me give me a very tight hug and wipe my tears, give me a heartbroken look and left because she knew she couldn't fix me, no one could. She never stopped trying, however, occasional stuff to do, accidentally playing my favorite song. Even though she had to go away for filming a few weeks ago she sends me a text that says "I love you, stay strong". Some days she would ask me to do random stuff around the house.

Some days I did it, some I didn't, Today however I've decided to do at least one. I've chosen clean the attic, I can listen to music and distract myself for a while. I walk into the attic and instantly get blinded by the darkness and trip on a box taking another down with me. I sigh as  I  get up removing the curtains of the window. I look around at the mess deciding to put on some music first. 

I start to move boxes around to give me space to walk around. I looked through a dozen boxes clearing out everything into the keep and throw bins. I also dust off the place to get rid of the dirt and remove the spider webs there. I found an old karaoke set, some old clothes of mine, and some Austin and ally abillia. I started labeling the boxes and putting them away as soon as I'm done looking through them. I separate Selena's boxes from mine.

As I continue this search I find some old diaries of mine deciding to keep them aside so I can read them if id like.  I also found some old framed pictures of me and raini, some with my entire family, some with Selena.

I finish this process in around 4 hours when my eyes move towards the box I'd tripped on when I walked in, all of its contents now on the floor. With a huff, I move towards the doorway and pick up everything that fell. I see some papers lying around near a notebook I pick them up and all of them had random notes on them. I look towards the notebook and see the cover that says blondie. It couldn't be, I thought I lost it when I moved into my first house. It was an album I made with pictures of Ross and me and all kinds of souvenirs.

I pick up the rest of the stuff and shut the curtains and move downstairs with the diaries the album and the notes in my hand, I make myself comfortable on the couch deciding to look through the album first.

(a/n here's all the pictures)

"just a couple of dorks writing away"