where broken hearts lay

listen while reading 

the same day 

Ross Lynch

The night was everything out of one of my dreams about Laura that I've been having very frequently. I could pretend she was mine for just one night as we danced together, laughing at nothing in particular and we were tipsy from the drinks we had. I had been in love with her since that night at the club, I only put a name to my feelings today.

With nothing but a grin plastered on my face, I head to the bar to get us some drinks. As I wait for the drinks I think maybe, just maybe there still could be a tiny chance I can still make that girl mine. And though the odds are 1 in a million of it happening I'll try and I'll try until I become the lucky one who knows her in ways unimagined.

The bartender hands me the drinks as I gather myself and turn around trying to spot her in the crowd and that's when I see her dancing with some other guy and the look on her face was that of just a few seconds ago, her very special laugh that wasn't like the normal one that only I've ever heard spilled out her mouth, the guy then leaned in and for a moment just for a moment I saw her contemplating her next moves before she shook her head and leaned in too letting their lips touch.

My face instantly lost its glee for she lit an eternal flame within me but then blew it out burning the fire letting it maim me blue. I was letting myself believe I was different from the others to her but no I was just like some other guy. I couldn't believe I let myself think we had something that I meant more than any other guy and that hurt worse than their kiss. She was just trying to enjoy the party but It was never just enjoyment for me, I was serious the whole time. 

The worst part is this wasn't the first we were here in this moment, The deja vu hit me as the memories hit me It was the season 3 wrap party and she'd been thirsty so I went to get her some punch and when I was back I saw Andrew there and he seemed to apologize and then she stood up and kissed him. I thought maybe we're no longer just stupid teenagers with mere crushes.

As it turns out despite all the jokes we didn't ever grow up after all. I put the drinks down and tried to gather my broken heart and walk out. I wipe my eyes of unshed tears and walk towards the elevator. I hear the clicking of heels and a voice saying "Hey, where are you going" I turned around and saw a soft smile on her face. I give her a bitter one in return to which her face falls " what's wrong" I chuckled bitterly "You're asking me that like you just didn't just kiss some other guy l e it was nothing like I was nothing" " what do you mean" "oh stop acting so naive Laura You know I'm goddamn in love with you and I know better than to think that you don't like me back cause I know you do" I say my voice rising.

"But you play with my heart like it's a toy you always have someone else is always better for you and when they break your heart I pick up the pieces but you keep breaking my heart why laura why," I say the anger now evident in my voice. I see her let out a sob " I did it cause I loved you you were messing with my thoughts and I needed to know if it's true" "That's what always happens when this, you and me, it gets hard and you flee" "That's what always happens you  left me for that douchebag Andrew only because It was hard for you when feelings were involved" "Now you're kissing random guys and I bet you don't even know their names" 

"You think it's easy for me to let you go like that, I WATCH YOU GO OFF WITH SOME OTHER GUY THEN NOT GET TO TALK TO YOU FOR YEARS I HAVE NO ONE TO GO TO" "how about that for hurt huh Laura" She was now crying as I screamed all of the things kept hidden. 'What about you huh Ross, when we meet you don't ever wanna talk about the past you wanna move on like nothing ever happened you think that's easy for me and the only reason I've ever left is that you play games with my head, Ross, you're the one who never called me I was always here so don't blame me" She said screaming as she sobbed.

"You never made me feel like you were there Laura you acted like I meant nothing" And that's when I hear her cry out loudly as I walk away wiping my tears.

It had been a while since our fight and Cole was with me I told him everything that happened and he let me cry and express myself.

"It's over Cole, I did it, I managed to fuck up the best thing that ever happened to me, I lost her. I promised her I would never hurt her yet here we are" I spoke my head in my hands as my eyes grew to let out salty waters with each breath I took. A few words are all it took for the ruin. The ruin of us.

(a/n) there you go haha so how's everyone btw tissue counter is over there for free so please don't kill me *chuckles nervously* vote and comment and I love you guys

qotd: what's your favorite raura fanfiction on here