FORMAL PARTY

FORMAL PARTY

"Forgive me for saying this but I'm not a dish to be served to you. "

"You will certainly make a fine dish. "

Devan was a master of seduction which Nelly knew. But she still couldn't help get aroused by those mere words.

"Don't you have any other work to do. " She asked him.

"Actually I do. And that's taking you out. "

"Sorry, I can't get off until 5:00pm. "

"You can actually. I have the permission of your manager to take you out for the day. "

"You did what? Devan why did you do that. "

She was really angry. Just then her manager appeared.

"Nelly what are doing here. You have a day off. "

"But sir, I didn't ask for that and besides today is a hectic day. You need my help around here.

"We have everything covered over here, you go. " The manager insisted.

Nelly eyed Devan and reluctantly left the restaurant with him. She sat quietly in his car not uttering a word to him. Devan tried to make small talk with her but stopped after seeing she wasn't going to answer him.

He drove for several minutes until they came to a main highway. Nelly sat in awe when she saw where they were headed. The most famous boutique. BERYL - Y. Only the richest could shop there. Devan drove to the parking lot and was attended to by a valet. Getting out of the car he walked to her side and helped her get down. Nelly forgot she was angry with him and gave him a smile.

"What are we doing here? "

"To shop. "

"Don't you have enough clothes already? "Nelly asked.

"We aren't here for me. " Devan said. Nelly stared at him for a while then suddenly grasped what he meant.

"You are joking right. I can't afford the dresses here Devan. Not even a year of my salary can buy a single dress. "

"Who said anything about you paying for them. " Devan said.

Nelly squinted her eyes and looked at him thoughtfully.

Devan held her back and pushed her into the boutique.

"Welcome Mr. La Vir. "

Within four hours Devan and Nelly walked out of the boutique the boutique with a number of bags in hand. The shop assistants packed them into the car and drove off. Nelly looked really happy.

"Where are we going again? " She asked him. Her face all smiles.

"To the penthouse. "

"But Devan it hasn't been long since we did it. "

" Did what? " Devan asked sheepishly

"You know what I'm talking about Devan. "

"No I don't. "

Nelly was really frustrated with how Devan was acting.

"Sex!!! I'm talking about sex. "

She covered her mouth as soon as the words sprouted out. Her face turned bright red. She was really embarrassed.

"Ah that. That gives me a bright idea..........but that's not what we are going to do. We are going to the penthouse so you can get dressed. "

"Get dressed for what? "

"I'm supposed to attend a dinner party this evening and I want you to be my date. "

Nelly thought about what he said for a while.

"Sorry but I can't be your date. "

The car suddenly screeched to a stop.

"And why is that. "

"You made me sign a Non- Disclosure Agreement, tying me down from speaking to the media about us. But taking me as your date to this dinner party with all the influential people present means making us public. "

"I know that Nelly. Making you sign an NDA was not to make our relationship private but to make sure you don't sue me or blackmail me with a child after we break up. "

"What do you mean by blackmail you with a child. "

"You did not read the papers did you? "

"I've not had the time. " Nelly shrugged it off.

"Huh......you are to be on the pill for the period we'll be together to prevent an unwanted visitor. "

"And by 'an unwanted visitor ' you mean a child. "

"Yes. I don't want a child right now. "

"I'll take due note of that. "

The car was left silent and with nothing more left to say it was sparked back to life and they drove to the penthouse.

"We have less than an hour to get ready. You'll find whatever you need in the adjoining room to your left. I'll see you in the lobby in an hour. "

Nelly got to work applying the correct amount of makeup on her face..............

Within an hour , Devan was downstairs, smartly dressed in a white tux and a black tie around his neck,awaiting his princess. He checked his Michael Kors watch many times to keep track of the time.

Nelly made her appearance in the lobby, her high heels clickety-clicking across the tiled floor. She was elegantly dressed in a long blue gown with diamonds adorned in the breast of the dress. She had on a single gold jewelry. She didn't look as ostentatious as others did. Her make-up had been carefully applied and it enhanced her high cheek bones as well as smoothing away the fine lines round her eyes.

She looked poised and elegant. To anyone else she was an epitome of a woman in her mid thirties who knew what she was about - a no nonsense woman who was completely in control of her life but that wasn't the case - she was very fragile.

Devan ran a critical eye over what she was wearing. He was going to have to stay with her the whole night to keep hungry men away. Nelly descended the stair with grace.

"You look amazing. "

"Thanks. So do you. "

Devan bowed graciously. Taking her hand in his they strode from the lobby into the parking lot. He opened the door for her to enter and in a matter of minutes found themselves in front of a tall building. Influential people, the paparazzi and all were gathered there flashing their lights.

Nelly seemed shy of the Devan quickly saw one her face before it disappeared. He encouraged her. With so much grace, they got out of the car.

Immediately flashes of light were on them. Questions thrown to both. Such as;"Who is the lady on your hand? Is this the new Miss of the week? What is your relationship with Mr. La Vir. "

They both not only looked graceful but also acted with a lot of it. They ignored the questions thrown towards them and smiled,posed for the camera. Within seconds they were in the hall.