chapter 1

Greenfield Valley

-Shadow's POV-

This wasn't suppose to happen. I wasn't suppose to end up like this. Over the past 50 years did I never feel this sensation throughout my body. This insufferable pain is killing me all over. That baffoon of a grandson... Dare to change my code to this feminine begs. Never in a world did I want to feel these disgusting things... That doctor is going to pay.

The air is nice right now and it is at least releasing my nerves, but the new scent I smell on myself is irritating me. I sighed to myself before fixing my quills, have I always been that bothered to fix them? "He's here cubot, his signals are rising as it could go" a metallic voice was heard, it's that little annoying Orbot and Cubot. No time to think, I need to leave.

I dash down the field and into the tall leaning grass. I wish I could teleport but chaos did he took most of my energy in the lab.. I don't want this three times in a row in my life time. The struggle is real as I felt myself starting to sweat. I feel hastily. Pain is growing on me making me want to cry and hope it goes numb from it. I don't want to say this, but I need some help. Anyone. Just someone but the doctor...

Voices were heard close by, it's the sonic team. Really not the group I was hoping for, but it will do. I can't be stubborn now, I'll leave when I feel better. Seems like a plan.

I lose my step and landed into the sand, I didn't notice I was out of Greenfield Valley. I winced as my legs torture me harshly from running. "Shad, you alright?" A familiar voice was heard which made my heart beat, clearly my heart knew who it was before I could think who it is.

Speaking wasn't an option for me, I was too tired to do anything. "Sonic, he doesn't seem well. Maybe we should take him to my place"

"Ill take him to my place. He'll probably wouldn't like it if he found out that he is at your place"

"And Tails wouldn't like it if he is at yours"

"He can stay at my place"

"Not a bad idea knuckles"

"I still think I should take him, I'm sure Tails wouldn't mind. After all, he did save my life before. Let me return the favour at least?"

"Fine, you can take him Sonic, but I don't want Tails telling me about him all day tomorrow ok?"

"Got it"

"No fair. I wanted to look after him"

"Sorry Knuckles, dibs on me."

"I think his smell is getting into me..."

"What smell Knuckles?"

"Some sweet smell can't you smell it Ames?"

"No?"

"Nevermind, I'll be taking him now"

"Can I come too? He smells like grapes"

"One, he doesn't. Two no. I'll see you two later!"

Their conversation was so annoying let alone listening to them, but I'm glad that I'm safe for now. It doesn't seem like the two robotic idiots had found me, I hope not soon, I'm too tired after all of this...

I felt myself being carried. Limply I opened my eyes to see Sonic looking down at me while walking, "looks like it's my turn to carry you after all those years huh?" He chuckled which made my eyes roll tiredly, "What happened to you?"

I bit my lip and my shoulders went tense. I shouldn't tell him now, or none at all. "Mind your own business..."

"Well you are in pain and I'm taking you to my hut so it is my business" Sonic frowned at me and I frowned at him back, honestly I was nervous on the inside, but I'm not going to say anything. I heard him sigh before he knocks the door with his shoes and his two tailed friend opens the door.

"Sonic where's the- why is Shadow hurt?" I lowly growlled until Sonic patted my head, I don't know why but I feel more calmer like this, but that doesn't stop me from growling at the kid.

"He won't speak up, but can he stay for a little bit?" Sonic begged with a smile, it seems it has done the trick on the kid.

"If you two don't start fighting out of nowhere then yeah" Tails glared at me before opening the door wider for Sonic to walk in and put me onto the couch.

Crossing my arms as I stated behind of where Tails is closing the door, "No promises..." I spoke quietly to myself, it appears Sonic had heard me.

"We'll see about that Shads"

I lowly growled at that name, "I told you to stop nicknaming me that" honestly, this blue baffoon won't stop with the names I'm gonna-

"Are you two fighting?"

"Nooooooo? I'm embarrassing him. Is there a difference?" Sonic scoffs while I looked elsewhere.

I heard the kid chuckling at me.How dare he? I shot a glare at the fox once I was placed on the couch. I saw a prick of sweat. Heh, served him right. "D-drinks you two?" Tails stuttered. Heh! I'm still as intimidating as I am in this situation! Victory of my own personality pride.

"Yeah, get two mocktails" Sonic said to his friend and off the little yellow assistant went. Wait did he asked for mocktails? I prefer the real thing...

"So Shadow..." Sonic spoke and slowly my eyes trailed to the hedgehog, there seems to be worry in his eyes, just like hers... "it's just us two, have you been alright? You've been gone for weeks and don't think I wouldn't notice without me getting to annoy you every time I see you"

I could tell he was serious, but why would he care? To mock me? Fat chance hedgehog. "If you're going to tease me about it I'm going to socket your head to the floor"

Sonics expression had worsened from the last. I can feel his sure changed, there's anger in them. I've never whiteness this feeling of anger from him before... It feels abnornal, yet pleasing. He was pinning me onto the couch with the anger looks in his eyes, there was no emerald shines coming from them, only but a full coloured leaf ready to become something they're not, "Can you stop being stubborn?! Don't you know how worried I am? With you having to disappear? Having to not have seen those eyes shining like it was? Only to find out that you're badly hurt from whatever it is? The smell you have now... Have you found someone?! Did they hurt you?!"

He spoke which lead me to questions, he was worried for me? Why would he? All I've done was cause trouble to him. He's putting pity on me and I don't like it. Sonic sighs as he put his hand on my cheek and stared at me with those eyes, those tired, sad eyes he never wore, "please talk to me"

My heart was moved, this side of him reminds me of how she always cared for me, protected me... Why does he have her eyes this way?

"I....."

To Be continued....