Chapter 2

«story time flashback»

-Narrator POV-

Time was set at 12:45 midnight, an ebony hedgehog was well rested in the beaches ocean with the moon reflecting against him and the water. It was a peaceful night for Shadow, part of himself wishing there was more he could do to protect the ones he loved. Dwelling into the past is all the ebony has done in the past hour.

"Hey Shadow, enjoying your vacation in the water?" There spoke a doctor no other than Eggman. Shadow wasn't in the mood to deal with him so he continue to stare up at the stars. The old man grunts annoyingly, "I need some help in the lab, could you come for a bit? It's ooonly going to last a few hours or so"

"And why would I do that?" Shadow seems to be irritated by the old beggar scientist. He stood up in the water crossing his arms while glaring up at Eggman, only to see an innocent smile coming from him.

"Just a little advice I need from the best ultimate life-form himself of course" Eggman smirks down while taking his hand out towards the ebony, "shall we?"

Shadow thought about it, it seems suspicious for the doctor to give compliments to anyone but his own creations, the ebony wasn't an exception, "what's in it for me?"

"Well-you see, I have serum that helps chaos energy's grow powerful than it can! And the only one who is filled with it is you, you can be faster, stronger. Didn't you say you wanted to be a hero now? Side by side with you know who? I can help you, make him accept you and so would others." Eggman chuckled at his brilliant idea, sure that made Shadow listen but he isn't buying too much of it.

"Hmph, what if I said no? what if I don't want to be your... Test subject I would call it" Shadow rolls up his fist, ready to take his leave. Something stopped him, what's this? He looks down only to see a chain collar locked on his ankle, "What the-"

"Shock him Orbot" was all Shadow heard until he felt a sting to his legs and up, Eggman paralysed his legs and arms.

"You son of a-"

"Killbot, pick him up and take him to my lab" His giant robot went up to pick up the black hedgehog and off to the mountains, to Eggmans laboratory.

Shadow cursed at himself loud, he could hear the doctor laughing in the machine. Soon they arrived in the lab and Shadow was forcefully into straps, "I knew you wont buy it, so I had plan B. Works wonderful don't it?"

"Don't you dare touch me!" Shadow growled at Eggman and so at the bots they got close in front of him.

"Get him to stop moving" the giant robot slammed Shadow on the table keeping him intact, still unable to move. Shadow groan in pain as he felt some scratches were made from the grip of the robot. "Now.. It would only hurt for a moment"

Eggman grabbed a red serum and slowly injected it into Shadows back, just above the tail. Shadow was hissing in pain, "you baffoon, stop what you're doing!!" He cried angry as he was shaking off the robot parts, his paralysed waring off.

"Shock him, shock him again!" Just when Shadow was about to dropkick the giant robot, he felt the sensation going through his body again, stopping him from fighting. Roughly he was put back on the table, watching the doctor laugh evily, "Not so tough now are you?"

"What did you do to me!?" Shadow was beyond angry, he is wanting to punch something so bad already, especially the doctors massive grin.

"If I told you it wouldn't be fun, now time for the rest of the serum..." Eggman (it keeps autocorrecting to German help xD) quickly inject the rest of the serum on Shadows neck. There the ebony felt pain pulsing into him, he could feel his stomach twisting and misplacing itself.