chapter 3

-forever Shadow POV?-

"And.... Now I'm here" telling this story to Sonic felt like a bedtime story, I was ready to relax my body until I felt a lip on my mouth. I was shocked, I didn't expect him to do this what so ever. It scared me.

"I can't believe I didn't know Shads.. If i- if I was there at the beach I would've bust that egghead to a pulp. If I..." I was beginning to hear sniffles from the hero, you have no idea this would hurt me so much to see him cry for once. Usually I was laugh and insult him, but now.... I don't know what to say.

Sonic was bugging me tightly with my fur against his chest, we were so close that my body started heating up, making my lower stomach start aching, "I'm f-fine idiot- let go already!" I pushed Sonic off of me and shook myself, the sensation slowly easing but still there.

"Shadow..." Sonic spoke worriedly. I can't get him close, this burning in the inside... Why is it doing this to me? Over a simple hug. I was sighing to myself while crossing my arms and looking anywhere but him.

Soon the fox came back with mocktails on silver plates, I still prefer the real deal... "I heard Shadow shouting. Is everything alright?"

"Things are fine Tails. Can you do a checkup on him though? For safe precautions?" Sonic asked his little friend and he gladly accepts the request, I on the other hand was displeased. I do not need a checkup by some kid!

After drinking our drinks 'me only having to drank a quarter', Tails started doing his procedures. First temperature, "it's... A little high Shadow. Can I have further speculation?"

I was about to say no but Sonic spoke up first, "Just do them Bro" I was pissed off. How dare he make arrangements for me? Tch, I'll have a word with him later.

The checkup took at least half and hour of my time wasted, it seems like the fox has been inside his work room for sometime after those test runs and checks. I begin crossing my legs on the couch as I was beginning to feel the burn inside me again. Sonic seems to noticed from me growling out of nowhere, "Shadow... Is something wrong?" He asked reassuringly, chaos does it look like I'm alright?

"It's just hot in here...." I said with a huff, "And how dare you to tell that kid to do some runs on me? I despise it alot"

"Its to make sure Eggman didn't do anything to you while you're there, or at least see if there are changes from your last check from Tails months back"

I hummed at the understatement, I am curious to what that baffoon did to me, the suppose 'small changes'.

"Sh-shadow.... May I speak with you? Alone?" The fox kid spoke to me hesitantly, was there something wrong with me? I nodded and went to his room to have this meeting.

"What is it?"

"Just a few questions to confirm my theory. Are you burning up just now?"

"Hm... No, only just when you finished checking"

"So after my checkups..." I watched him right something on his notebook before looking back up, "would you know the trigger yet?"

"No"

He scribbles again, "uhuh... One last thing. Had there been some pain coming down near your never region?"

I was silent after that, what is he saying? "And if  I do then what?"

"Jeepers" The fox went on onto his computor and typed down codes, "I manage to grab some of your blood to see if you were contagious, in some ways it is. What i have found out were Eggmans microbes flowing through your stream in a frequent pace. They don't look like the usual, but it appears to be rebuilding your structure bit by bit. As you can see" Tails went on to showing a diorama of me side by side with another from months back, "the microbes are changing your organ levels, and invading the upper brain you think for yourself in particular ways in what you want to do and there your signals goes" he hand gestured each diagram before gripping on his brown jacket, "ive hacked into Eggmans files earlier... I couldn't find the information about these microbes right now nor a plan he was going to do to you" he spoke so sadly, "I wish I could help.... I told Amy and Knuckles to have a word with that doctor and get him to spill the beans. If you know anything can you tell me? It may help me crack something up quicker to help you"

My head was burning with all this information. I swear I think I need him to repeat what he said, tempting, but I won't ask. "I'll see what I would find out about myself...."

"One more thing"

"What is it now?"

"The smell you are wearing... Just to let you know I saw what happened earlier. Your scent must have triggered something on Sonic"

"It was sort of the same with the red head echidna, how come it's not making you clingy towards me?"

"Well... You know Pack Laws?"

"I've heard of it, with the alpha, beta, omega things. What is that suppose to mean?"

"To tell you I'm a Beta. while yours... Is complicated"

"Spill it already" I was growling at him and pinning him on the table. He whimpered at the anger I was showing and probably from the scratches that was done on the table.

"Y-you're an alpha of course! But... These microbes thats inside you are... Changing your way in between. Not an Alpha, Omega or Beta. I-it's one of those... Hard triggers... The Ukes"

The Ukes?! Aren't they the same as the Omegas!? (Besides being pregnant, cough) I was growling more than ever, "you can't tell me that I'm an UKE!"

"I'm sorry Shadow.." The fox cried in my grasp. I was breathing heavily when I heard The door open and Sonic begins to shove me against the wall.

"What makes you think yon have the previlage to hurt Tails?" The grip from Sonic felt like it was penetrating my throat, my body was heating up more making my heart skip faster.

"Sonic let go it isn't his fault!" I heard The fox called out. Sonic took one whiff before dropping me with arms now pinned on the walls, leaving me in the middle and face to face with him.

Sonic was silent with only the heavily breathing coming to him, my heart won't stop beating. I could see his emerald eyes were shining each whiff he took. My scent... I need to go. Now.