Chapter 14 - Draco's Heir

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The pain in Harriet's belly sharpened to such an intensity that her legs buckled underneath her.

"HARRIET!" Draco cried.

Her emerald eyes widened as her hands pressed against her sides while Draco caught her in his arms.

Lucius's pale face lost what little colour it usually held as he struggled not to faint as he watched his new daughter-in-law.

Narcissa fearlessly charged forward.

The officiant stepped back to avoid having his shoes soaked by the flooding puddle of fluid that ominously poured from the bride.

"Oh......." Harriet gasped quietly while she hunched over and blindly reached out.

"Harriet!" Draco cried again as he and Narcissa let Harriet grip onto them.

"Her waters just went, Draco. We need to call the midwife right away!" Narcissa exclaimed.

Harriet whimpered as her belly tightened with another low, painful cramp.

Draco swallowed thickly as he watched Harriet close her eyes and blow out a breath, but Narcissa took control of the situation.

"LUCIUS!" She barked.

With a clammy sweat beading on his face as he watched Harriet endure her pain, Lucius glanced at his wife in shock as his mouth hung open in silent terror.

"Can you cast a summoning charm and call the midwife, please? Draco and I need to get her back to her nest!" Narcissa nodded frantically at her husband.

"Y-Yes, 'Cissa.....Of course." Lucius swallowed thickly.

Draco half-expected his father to fall flat on his face as he shakily stood from his seat and staggered out of the room to catch a breath of fresh air and obey his wife's command.

Harriet couldn't care less if Lucius Malfoy fainted or not while the cramp in her belly crescendoed.

The dry moan that escaped her lips spurred Narcissa's motherly instincts into action as Draco lifted Harriet into his arms.

While he carried her out of the parlor and down the hall, still in her beautiful wedding gown, Narcissa let Harriet clutch her hand while she whispered gentle words of reassuring encouragement.

Although he wouldn't dare admit it, it did give Draco quite a bit of comfort to walk into his bedroom with his own mother beside him as his mate's labour began.

Draco hoped that if he faltered during the next few hours, Narcissa would not.

—————————————————————

Harriet's pain had ended by the time Draco lowered her gently into her nest, although she trembled and gasped for breath as her heart pounded in her chest.

"I......I can't stop shaking." Harriet laughed as she glanced at Narcissa and Draco, "I suppose I'm nervous.....It....It wasn't quite that bad, honestly. My scar used to hurt worse."

"You've had a bit of a violent start, my dear." Narcissa frowned as she continued to hold Harriet's hand, "When I went into labour with Draco, it took hours before I realized anything had started to happen."

Draco held Harriet's other hand and pressed a gentle kiss to her knuckles as he crouched beside her in her nest while she spoke with his mother.

"When did your waters break with Draco?" Harriet asked curiously.