Chapter 1 - Reunited

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The Second Wizarding World War came to a startling end during the Battle of Hogwarts.

Harriet Potter won.

The Dark Lord lost.

Harriet celebrated her victory with her allies while Voldemort's followers looked on in defeated disgust.

Draco Malfoy had never truly shared his parents ideals, they were merely the notions that he had been surrounded by since birth.

Harriet Potter had unknowingly shown him a different path, a path that he hadn't followed until he tossed his wand to her at the end of the fight.

While Draco stood on the cracked stones of the castle's ruined entrance, he could feel his mother and father's scowls burning into him, yet the look in their eyes conveyed silent relief.

Draco sneered across the battlefield as he watched Harriet celebrate her hard-won victory with her friends.

He stared at her messy, dark hair that whipped in the wind as her serpentine green eyes flashed.

Draco didn't sneer because he had lost the war, he sneered because he knew that he had lost Harriet.

—————————————————————

Harriet Potter did not return to Hogwarts for her final year of magical education.

Instead, she chose to go straight into the Auror recruitment programme at the Ministry of Magic.

Draco graduated a month after the war's conclusion and to his parents' dismay, he followed his old foe into the same vocation.

Auror training exercises were often completed by their participants in solitude, which meant that Draco and Harriet saw very little of each other for the next three years.

Their classroom instruction in the program was brief.

During those periods where they were in relatively close proximity, Draco lacked the courage to swallow his pride and approach Harriet.

His heart lifted at the idea but his mind balked.

How should he speak to the omega anyway?

Should he tell her the truth, that he had been in love with her since the day they had met?

Should he apologize for all of the cruelty that he had previously shown her and explain that his behavior had only been immature attempts at flirtation?

Draco turned the idea over and over in his brain at each classroom session while he looked at the back of Harriet's head from where he sat.

His grey eyes were soft.

His heart was heavy with longing, but every time, he sighed to himself as he watched his darling stand and leave.

Draco held his silence through their classes, through their graduation, and through their assignments afterwards.

Harriet was given an office in the Ministry's headquarters.

Draco was deployed overseas to a distant forest in Romania.

He went to his exile gladly and began his mission from the Ministry.

A change of scenery was exactly what he needed.

Draco Malfoy willingly accepted any help that he could find in forgetting Harriet Potter.

—————————————————————