Chapter 19

1 year later .....

Mackenzie

It's been a year since we left the game and honestly, I'm bored as hell. Being a stay at home wife isn't exactly the most exciting thing to do. When I don't have people to defend in the court room I chill. I never been one to have friends, but Tara and I have a pretty good relationship.

Messiah is going back to school for physical education just as a hobby. He and I came a long way in just a year. He really changed since the accident. He's around more, he's sweeter. He has me around here grinning like little girl. I'm close to seeing where he has my engagement because this man has me on Cloud 9 ( Coming soon BTW )

My mom and dad are just the same. They recently got remarried and they seem so in love. I hope Messiah are just like them in the long run.

Alaya and the twins? Let's just say, raising a spoiled 12 year old and two bad ass 7 year olds is a job. Besides that, Alaya does really good in school and since we took Nathan in after Jessiah's death, they are like brother and sister. I wouldn't say he replaced MJ, but he seems to fill that spot a little. The twins are in trouble 24/7. They never tell on one another, so they both get punished--that is when Messiah doesn't baby them up and take up for them. That's why they're a mess now.

"Babe you seen my cuff links?" Messiah yelled coming into my closet

"Stop yelling, they're right here," I handed him the cuff links irritated. He knows I hate yelling in the house

"Sorry, you look beautiful by the way," he smirked at me through my vanity mirror. I admired his freshly done dreads and how sexy he looked in his button down and slacks. Damn

"You look good too babe. You ready?"

"Yeap. I been looking forward to this all week," he smiled referring to date night with Tara & Carlos. Sometimes we have regular date night, but every other weekend we go out together. We have the whole weekend at some type of resort, no kids, no problems, just us, Hennessy, and Mary Jane.

I sat in the front seat of the truck while Messiah put the bags in. We decided to go to Cuba for an extended vacation this time. Of course, my mom and dad have the kids. I think they have them more than I do. I'm jealous.

Anyway, we finally found out about Ashlynn's daughter. Her name's Harmony and she is so adorable. She has smooth brown skin and a head full of thick hair, plus, she's really smart. She recently moved in with her new parents and she loves them. Ky and his new girl, Shay, enjoy her along with KJ. Nathan loves her, but Alaya isn't to fond of her uncle Ky giving his love to someone else. Sad to say, Naomi is no longer in the picture. Let's just leave it at that.

"What you thinking bout?" Messiah nudged me snapping me out of my thoughts

"Nothing," I sighed

"Yea whatever. You gone let me get you pregnant this weekend or nah," he was laughing, but I could tell he was so serious.

"No Messiah. Do you see this flat stomach? I'm gonna keep it this way,"

"Come on. We been at it for a year and you still ain't let me get none," he groaned making me smirk over at him

"You better not be getting it from anywhere else either," I kissed his cheek

"I'm not that stupid anymore," he pouted

"Good," I smiled and leaned my head on the window preparing for a nap.

"Baby we're here," Messiah shook me out of my sleep

"Stop stupid," I pushed his chest, only for him to stand there like nothing happened. I looked around and realized we were already in Cuba, "I slept through a whole flight?"