Chapter 2: Arnold's Crush?

MIKAYLA DAVIS

Since I came back from church I've been happier than before. I keep on smiling at the thought of me preaching and being congratulated by the crowd at church.

It was all by the grace of God!

I'm also excited because my best friend from childhood is coming over for dinner with her family to my house. It will be amazing.

After changing into my sweats and hoodie I go downstairs,to go help mom with the food.

When I reach downstairs I see Arnold helping mom in the kitchen. I then take a peak to whatever they are cooking and their making lasagna.

Oh my favourite!

I love lasgana than you can ever imagine.

I hear Arnold laugh at something mom said and I become curious to what it is that they are talking about.

But then I overhear Arnold say.

"...oh mom, don't be that silly."

She then replies.
"How am I being silly, I always see how you look in her eyes that you like her."

"But mom, we are just friends." He scoffs

"Oh dear..I was once a young lady aswell."

"Oh please mom. I even told her that we won't be anything more than friends."

"My son, there is no friendship between a girl and a boy."

"Mom, that might be true but in my case I don't think so." He scoffs.

Who are they talking about? He has a crush and has never told me about her, that's odd. Even though we fight and all that but like we tell each other secrets. And keep them to each other.

"Stop denying it, by the way she will be having dinner with us tonight." Mom gives him a grin.

Wait a second..is it Charmaine they are talking about.

Arnold likes Charmaine, okay

That is why he usually acts shy when she's around. Now I get it!

I then decide to come out from my hiding and act like I didn't hear anything.

"Hey mom, hey my lovely brother." I say with a sly grin

"Ehm hey, Micky. Didn't know you were here." Mom says

"Why you acting suspicious." Arnold eyes me

"What do you mean. So you're saying that calling you my lovely brother is suspicious. Huh" I question

"Whatever, did you hear anything?" He asks

"I just entered now." I lie

Oh Lord Jesus please forgive me for lying. I just did that to save myself. I pray internally

I know that lying especially for a christian is bad. But I didn't mean to.

Oh my sweet potatoes!

"Okay I see." Arnold eyes me suspiciously.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes

"I see that we are making lasagna for dinner tonight and I heard that Charlie is coming for dinner. Right?" I add

"Oh yeah her mom called me." Mom says

"I see that you have a help now mom so I think I will go back to my room." Arnold says awkwardly

"Okay son. Think about what I told you." Mom says with a wink.

Ugh, mom can be to much at times. The way she care about him is something I can't explain. But atleast I'm a daddy's girl and he can be a momma's boy.