25. Family Time

Ram, Priya and Pihu were sitting at the beach in complete silence. Ram and Priya could feel that Pihu was still processing the whole thing. The waves hit the rocks making splashing sounds. The lights were almost out. Just the lanturns and fairy lights around them were lit at that moment.
Suddenly,
Pihu: Why there is no one around us here?
Ram: Because not many people know about this. It's kind of a hidden treasure like you.
Pihu: Like me? How?
Ram made Pihu sit on his lap and turned her towards him.
Ram: Because not many people know you. You'll know sweetheart this way it is more beautiful. Sometimes you should hide the most beautiful things away from other people as they should be protected.
Pihu: Like Mumma hid me from Mother Gothel to protect me?
Ram: Yes exactly like that. I should've realized that before Cupcake.
Pihu didn't understand why her Papa said that last line.

Pihu then went to her Mumma's lap who hugged her softly.
Pihu: Ms. Sood toh hum phir new adventure pe nahi jane wale hai na?
Priya: Do you want to go on an adventure again?
Pihu: No. So we are going to stay with papa?
Priya looked at Ram.
Ram: Yes Pihu bachhe we are going to stay together. And just to inform you your initials are not PS it's PK.
Pihu: Huh?
Ram: You are Pihu Kapoor, not Pihu Sood. You are my daughter so my surname is yours too.
Pihu(giggling): Ohhooo! Ab samjhi. I'm Pihu Kapoor not Pihu Sood. Pihu Kapoor sounds nice.
Ram forwarded his hand chuckling and Pihu did a hi-five with him.
Priya looked at Ram with a huge smile. She felt like a huge stone had been took down from her heart which felt very very heavy for 5 long years.
Pihu: Can we go home now?
Ram: You don't like it here?
Pihu: No. It's nice. But I want to tell Krish that you're my papa. He'll be happy to know that.
Ram looked at Priya with an unrecognisable expression.
Priya: Okay let's go home.
Pihu: Yayy!
Pihu stood up and started walking.
Pihu: Jaldi aao.
Ram: Yeah yeah we're coming.(whispering to Priya)Priya drop a text to Krish that Pihu thinks that he knows nothing. We already broke her trust. Agar usse yeh pata chala that Krish also...no no.
Priya: Yeah I'll do it. Don't worry.
Ram(went running): Pihu baby stop! Aage mat jao it's dark.
Ram scooped up Pihu in his arms who giggled merrily. Priya also caught them and they walked to the car together.

They sat in the car and the driver started driving the car.
Pihu was sitting on Ram's lap and was looking outside the window, with a somber face. Then she looked at Ram,
Pihu: Papa what did you do alone on adventures?
Ram gave her a sad smile.
Ram: Ummm...let's see I worked late nights, made friends that I didn't like, traveled a lot because of work.
Pihu: Oh! Are you happy that Mumma and I are here?
Ram kissed her forehead lovingly.
Ram: I'm the happiest Cupcake.
Pihu just nodded with a smile.

Then Ram played "I See The Light" from Tangled. Mandy Moore's melodious voice filled the car and with that Pihu and Priya also started singing the song.

"All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you"

Ram was watching the mumma-daughter singing so happily for the first time. His heart was full seeing them smile so widely.
Pihu then went to her Mumma's lap.
Pihu: Papa play "Two Voices One Song" from Barbie and the Diamond Castle.
Ram didn't know the song but did what his daughter told him to do.
The song started playing, Pihu and Priya started singing along with it.