94. Therapy Session 7 (Part 2): There's Beauty In Vulnerability

With a heavy heart, Priya stepped out of the therapy room. Her mind was still flooded with all the blunders she had made in the past few years. Tara's perspective shook her from the inside and it made her conscious about her faults in the whole situation. 

She felt her legs going numb as her eyes fell on her husband, sitting on the sofa a little far away. She saw silent tears flowing down his cheeks, looking at their tiny family photo. 

Her heart broke into a million little pieces seeing him like that and that sight stirred something within her. 

She was distancing her husband after he was met with such terrifying, sensitive information about her and their little Pihu. That poor guy was in so much guilt, repenting of his whole existence, and here she was punishing him with her silence.

What could he do now other than to just drown in regrets? She knew the answer...nothing. 

Feeling her presence around her, he turned his gaze to the right and found her gripping the door frame, staring into nothingness. Silently he stood up wiping his tears and walked towards her, unable to meet her eyes as guilt and shame was pressing him down constantly. 

Ram(in a low voice): Priya?

His voice brought Priya back to reality and she found him looking downwards as he spoke to her. 

Ram: Ummm...tumne b-bataya...Tara ko?

Priya understood that he was asking just to make sure that he doesn't spill anything more than she did. 

Priya(shaking her head): Nahi. 

Ram: Okay...ummm...main...jaata hoon phir. 

Ram was going to knock on the door but he stopped as he felt Priya's fingers slowly wrapping around his. Her soft touch made him turn around and look at her cluelessly. 

Priya lowered her gaze as a pang of guilt began to choke her. 

Priya: Sorry...

It took Ram only a couple of seconds to realise that she was apologizing for ignoring him like that and her tearful eyes told him how much she was regretting it. 

Ram caressed the back of her hand softly. 

Ram: Priya...tum kyun sorry bol rahi ho? Tumhara gussa jayaz hai. Main...

Ram felt even more guilty because Priya wasn't angry with him anymore. He felt that he deserved to be treated like that. Fresh tears pooled into his eyes and he couldn't speak anymore because nothing he said now would make any difference. 

Priya didn't care where they were or how many people were around anymore. She wrapped her arms around Ram and pulled him in a bear hug. 

Ram finally let go of the tears he was trying to control to not break down in front of her and started sobbing silently. 

She drew her fingers through his curls, comforting him while whispering sweet nothings near his ears. 

Priya: Mujhe aise baat bandh...nahi karni chahiye thi. Sorry. Galti ho gayi mujhse...sorry. 

As Ram couldn't vocalise how he felt, he just strengthened his grip on her, just to let her know that he couldn't lose her. Not anymore. 

Priya: Shushhhh...main hoon yahan. Kahin nahi jaa rahi. Aap aise mat roiye...tabiyat kharab hogi na. Sab thik hai. 

At that instant Priya heard the door open and saw Tara coming out to inquire about Ram as it had been quite a few minutes and he still didn't enter. Priya saw her eyes getting widened seeing Ram like that. She gestured Tara to give them 5 minutes. Tara nodded and went inside giving them the privacy they needed.