73. Unconditional Love

Ram was about to talk to Pihu but he stopped when he felt like he should talk to Priya before sending Pihu with Brinda. So he again knocked on the door of Priya's cabin and entered. He sat down on the stool beside her bed.

Ram: Woh...tum se kuch baat karni thi...Pihu ko lekar.

Priya nodded with a frown. Ram explained to her that it was better if Pihu went home with others. Priya nodded sadly.

Priya: Hmm...aapko jo thik lage.

Ram: Sunegi woh?

Priya: Aap try kije.

Ram nodded.

Priya: Aap bhi jaiye rest le lije. Kal raat se yahan hain.

Ram: Main kahin nahi jaa raha.

Priya: Par...

Ram: Priya...main tumhe chorhke nahi jayunga.

The determination in his eyes told Priya that nothing she says would make a difference. He would not leave her alone in the hospital.

Priya(with a nod): Unhe bata dijega ke Pihu ko Phone, Tablet aisa kuch na de.

Ram: Haan...haan woh mujhe yaad hai. Main bata dunga. Thik hai main baat karta hoon Pihu se.

Priya nodded. Ram was about to go when Priya held his hand.

Priya(with tears in her eyes): Aap usse shaam ko ek baar lekar aayenge please?

Ram's heart broke seeing her like this. It reminded him of that Priya who was searching for her newborn baby. Ram held her hand in between his softly.

Ram: Bilkul. Aur waise bhi 20 mins lagta hai yahan se Adi ka ghar. Pihu nahi reh paayi toh koi usse force nahi karega okay? Main khud lekar aayunga. Tum ro mat Priya. Please.

Priya lowered her head and nodded. Ram caressed her hand for a few times and then went out to talk to Pihu.
. . . . . . . . .

Outside the cabin Ram asked Brinda if she could take care of Pihu.

Brinda: Jaan! Itna formal kab se hone lage tum? Of course I'll take care of Pihu. Tumhari beti matlab hamari bhi beti hai. Tum baat karlo usse phir Sara ko saath leke main ghar lekar jayungi usse.

Ram: Thank you.

Brinda gave him a small smile and gestured to him to talk to Pihu.

Pihu was sitting beside Adi who was trying to cheer her up but she was in no mood to talk. She saw Doctors and Nurses entering her Mumma's room and coming out continuously and it was making her feel restless. She just wanted to go home with her parents.

As she saw her Papa coming towards her, tears made their way to her eyes again. Ram scooped her up in arms and made her sit on his lap.

Ram(kissing her forehead): Princess...maine kaha na aapki Mumma thik hai. Aap aise roge toh Mumma toh sad feel karegi. Aise nahi rote.

Pihu(crying): Papa please Doctor ko bolo na Mumma ko jaane de ghar...pleaseee...

Ram(patting her back): Maine bola hai...woh chorh denge Priya ko jaldi bachhe. Aur hum dono saath mein unhe lekar ghar jayenge okay?

Pihu nodded and wiped her tears with a tissue that her Papa gave her.

Ram: Bachhe meri na ek request hai.

Pihu: Kya?

Ram: Aap Jaan ke saath unke ghar pe rahoge jab tak Mumma ko doctors chutti nahi dete? Please bachhe.

Pihu's eyes widened being utterly fearful to be away from her mother. In no way she was going to leave her alone at the hospital.

Pihu: No.