93. Therapy Session 7 (Part 1): Mushkil Raasta Aur Asaan Raasta

This chapter was getting too long so I had to break it in half. This is the first half. I'll post the second one in a few days.
.
.
.
.
.

Ram couldn't sleep a wink that night. He wanted to, he tried to but just couldn't. If he could just sleep, it would have made his heart ache less for some time. But it felt like he was living in hell. 

How does someone live with guilt? He asked that question to himself from a hundred different points of view but nothing gave him the answer. 

Turning his face towards Priya and Pihu, he saw them sleep peacefully but there was a storm going inside him that didn't seem to end. 

Physical abuse was something that he couldn't make peace with. Priya told him not to dig the past but how could he just let it go like nothing happened? And how could he just not do anything so that Heera gets the punishment she deserved? How could he just not confront Nandini once and ask what was the need for all that? Didn't she already done enough?

His Priya, his little Pihu deserved justice. They never deserved that ill treatment. 

But Priya requested him to not cross that boundary. On the other hand, a little voice in his head kept reminding him what happened the last time he searched for the truth of the past. It took away everything from him. 

"Then how was it worth it?", His emotional self asked him. 

"But Heera deserved to get punished", his logical self retorted. 

And Ram found himself stuck between his mind and heart. While his mind wanted to see an end to it, his heart wanted to respect Priya's request. 

"Main thik hoon. Pihu thik hai. Mujhe nahi lagta hume past ko hamari khushi ke beech aane dena chahiye", he remembered Priya telling him. 

"Past ko past mein rehne dena hi achha hai, kyunki hamara aaj woh dukh nahi seh paayega.", he again remembered her saying. 

He was thinking about all this when Pihu's tiny hand gripped his arm strongly. And as he focused on her, his eyes fell on her gentle smile. She was happy, her heart was at peace. And that was what his Priya also wanted.

"Sab toh thik hai. Priya thik hai. Pihu thik hai. Hum teeno khush hain ek saath. Shayad Priya sahi hai...mujhe yeh sab jhamele mein nahi padna chahiye. Khamokha baat aur badhegi. Main kar sakta hoon yeh...main karunga...Tum dono ke liye", Ram thought as he placed a soft kiss on Pihu's hand. 

. . . . . . . . .

The morning went pretty slow for them. Ram felt his body aching as the day passed on because of lack of sleep. But he felt a little relaxed when Priya agreed to see the doctor. 

Priya saw how uneasy Ram was feeling and she didn't want to add to it. So agreed to meet the doctor for his mental peace. 

The journey towards the hospital was pretty silent as Priya wasn't really talking to him. She was just replying to him when important things were asked but other than that she kept mum. 

Issac Asimov once said,"The easiest way to solve a problem is to deny it exists"

Using Denial as a coping mechanism does give you a quick and effective solution as it gives you the chance to avoid the reality and living with distractions. But what about the long term repercussion that remains like a Dormant volcano which can get triggered any time?

Priya didn't want Ram to run behind the truth. Ram didn't want to disrespect her wishes. So denial unconsciously became a part of him, helping him to deal with the anxiety.