Bad news

Mark's POV:

Oh. My. Gosh. This can't be happening. We have been rehearsing for the tour for three weeks now, and now they've canceled it due to financial crap. I'm really angry, but I'm worried for Witney. We haven't seen her all day after we all got to the studio and they told us the news. I know she didn't leave because her car is still in the parking lot. Maybe Lindsay and Jenna know where she is.

"Hey ,Jenna, Lindsay, come here for a sec!" I shouted across the studio.

"Yes, Mr. Ballas?" Lindsay replied in a considerate tone.

"Have you girls seen Witney lately? I haven't been able to find her since we found out about the tour. "

"No, we haven't. Sorry, Mark," Jenna replied.

"Oh,ok thanks anyways."

Maybe she will respond via text message. Witney always responds to text no matter what.

M: Hey Wit, where did you go? I'm lonely 😭

A few minutes later I received a reply.

W: Hi Mark. I don't really feel like talking now

M: pleeeease. I miss you! 💙

W: why? I've only been gone for an hour and a half

M: it's boring without you. And I get worried when you just bolt out of rooms

W: ok fine, you win. Meet me in the break room in 5

M: Thank you, lovely 💕

I walked in to see Witney sitting on the couch with her face in her hands. I heard her crying a bit, and it broke my heart. Just seeing her so upset made me feel just awful.

"Oh Wit, Babe, what's wrong?" I said sitting down next to her. She looked up and said,

"Oh gosh, it's you. Sorry I'm just not myself at the moment" as she quickly wiped away her tears and looked away.

Witney's POV:

I cannot let him see me like this. My make up looks horrible and I look like I fell out of the back of a train.

"I'm ok, really," I lied.

"No, Witney, you're not. No tell me what's wrong or I'll go run a mile, get all sweaty, and then hug you and never let you go. "
I laughed a little remembering the events that occurred last week

"It's just, I was really hoping to spend time with you over the summer on tour. It was super fun last year. "

" I was really excited too, but we can still hang out. It's not like our friendship is ending for three months."

"Thanks Mark. You always know just what to say."

"That's my job!"

Mark's POV:

I grabbed her hand and we walked back to the studio.

"Hey guys! How bout this summer road trip. All of us. " I offered in hope that it would make Witney happy again.

"IM IN!!!" Everybody yelled as their happiness level increased to about one hundred percent.

This, for sure, was going to be the best summer ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I think I'm going to be doing several chapters tonight. I'm in a writing mood and I have some good ideas. Remember, I LOVE feedback and criticism so don't be shy 😊