☽Fear and Loathing☽

Warnings: blood, violence, death, trauma, blood, slight panic attack-ish?, mention of SA/rape, did I mention blood? again, some Spanish 1 level Spanish 

Word count: 1652

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・

Layla was so happy that I had actually managed to finish 8th grade, and frankly so was I. But that means I got to go to England to see Marc and Steven. For the whole summer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I've been waiting to see them for months.

After a long plane ride and another long car ride, I'm finally here, finally with my dad and Steven. And Jake and Khonshu as well.

Approaching my dad's apartment, I knock on the door. I hear a loud crash as if someone fell and my dad argues with himself before the door opens. "Hey sweetie," he smiles at me.

Immediately, the smell of something burning fills my nose, followed by a massive cloud of smoke coming from inside. Awkwardly my dad stands there, waiting for me to say something.

"Hey, dad. What are you... um. Cooking?" I say, trying to peer past him to see what in the world is on fire. It smells terrible, whatever it is.

"Heh. Steven tried to make food. Apparently, he's not good at it," my dad chuckles and quickly heads back inside to open a window. I follow him inside and he pulls out a lump of charcoal from the oven. Was that supposed to be food?

"Supposed to be a chicken..." I hear Steven say. "Aren't you vegan, Steven??" my dad mumbles and takes the chicken to the trash can. And that was dinner. It's okay. He tried his best.

"It's okay, Steven. We can just order pizza or something," I assure him. I set my stuff down on the couch, where I've been told that's where I'm sleeping all summer. It's a small red sofa that I assume pulls out to reveal a mattress of sorts.

He mumbles to himself for a bit so I decided to look around. Hasn't changed much since the last time I was here. Still small, cluttered, and frankly, a bit claustrophobic. The whole place is basically one room, minus the inhumanly small bathroom. Looks like a great place to live. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Later that night, when the sun has set and my father's light snores fill the room, I lay awake in an insomniac state. I can't sleep, just like normal. And I'm okay with that. Today was fun and I'm all glad for it. I enjoy hanging out with my dad and with Steven. It makes me forget about the day. Even if he sounds like a tractor when he sleeps.

Suddenly the snores stop.

"Amaris Spector," the low grumbly voice of Khonshu fills the apartment. I roll my eyes and sit up. Even when I think I'm happy, he's got to show up and ruin it.

"Evening, niña [girl]," I hear Jake Lockley say from across the room. I guess that explains why the snores had stopped.

"I guess you want an answer, Khonshu?" I ask. He nods and I think for a second. I'm not entirely sure what's in it for me. But do I really have a choice? Khonshu will give me answers on who I am. All I want is to know who I am.

"Fine. But I can leave anytime I want," I say. He contemplates my offer and shakes my hand. Now he practically owns me. Not sure how I feel about that, but hey, I can back out of it anytime I feel like it.

"Your first assignment starts today. You are going to kill the man who... hurt you when you were three," Khonshu glances at me, putting a hand on my shoulder as if that was comforting at all. The... that man. What is wrong with him?? Why does he think I want anything to do with that guy? The guy who- Gods! I don't even want to think about it!