☽Happy☽

Warnings: none?

Word count: 961

                                              ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・

Suddenly, the ceiling collapses, falling down onto us. In a quick moment of adrenaline, Benjamín jumps on top of me, pulling me under a desk in order to protect me. If it wasn't for the imminent danger looming ahead in a mysterious way, it would be kinda hot.

The rumbling slows to a halt and we quietly sit up. "What's going on?" I ask, still underneath Benjamín slightly. My eyes meet his.

"I'm not sure," he stands up, brushing himself up, muttering something in Spanish I can barely make out. He scurries all throughout the library, checking on certain books and artifacts, making sure they are okay. Then he walks up to me, a bit of concern on his face when he asks, "Are you alright?"

I nod, not really saying much of anything. Benjamín motions for me to follow him and we walk back through the hallways towards the throne room Khonshu and I arrived in.

The other avatars glance around nervously, huddled in the center of the room as they talk. I see one of them, the man who constantly talks like a Shakespearean play, glare at me when I walk in with Benjamín. What did I fucking do? I didn't cause this weird earthquake!

Anatole, a bit distracted with his thoughts, pays no mind when Benjamín joins their huddle. The sun god's avatar is staring off into space, thinking. I keep my distance from them, feeling all of their judgmental whispers from here. Any closer and my face might get eaten by their poisonous words.

I know they're talking about me. I don't even know if Benjamín is saying anything bad about me. But, you know what. For once in my life, I'm going to give someone the benefit of the doubt and pretend they aren't talking about me.

"Amaris Spector," a voice booms. I spoke too soon. I quickly walk up to the avatars, who look upon me with a certain disdain with a sense of respect hidden behind their initial expressions. "You are to go home to Marc Spector and his system of alters. We will call you when we need you," the same voice booms, but this time I have a face to the sound.

A portal opens up behind me and I nod. "I understand," I mumble. But just before I walk through, walk home to see my dad for the first time in what felt like forever, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Benjamín.

Benjamín, looking a little nervous around the other avatars, speaks in a lower volume so only I can hear him. "Hey, stay safe, okay?" he smiles a little, "We're afraid we might need you a bit sooner than we expected." Then he leaves me with a small object in my hand. A piece of paper with a number on it. 'For emergencies' it read.

Gosh, a guy has never just given me his number before.

Finally, I walk through the same feeling of being stretched around as before. Once I make it through, all I can see is darkness, and I worry if something went wrong, but then my eyes slowly start to see light, my vision becoming less dark and blurry.

Next, my hearing returns, and I hear barking. Confused, I look around to see I'm just sitting on a bench in a park, the sun shining on my face. I'm still in London, hearing someone nearby speaking in a British accent. I bolt, taking off to find out where I am, my surroundings suddenly becoming recognizable.

I find my way back to Marc and Steven's apartment somehow, going up the elevator and knocking on the door rapidly, worried and frantic. I hear a shuffling on the other side before the door opens slightly. I see part of my dad's face peek through.

The door bursts open and I'm swept up into a tight hug that cuts off oxygen to my lungs for a second. "Amaris! Oh my god!" Marc exclaims. "You're alright?" he asks, checking me all over to make sure I'm not injured.

"I'm fine," I assure him, smiling a little. My smile fades when I see his head wrapped in bandages, noting he's a little bit more than worse for wear.

"So... Steven and I. We know now. About you, Jake. Everything... I- um," he hesitates, pulling away. I sigh, knowing this was coming. 

"You're way more my dad than Khonshu ever was. So is Steven and... Jake," I insist. Dad lets me through into the apartment, closing the door behind him, and it looks... exactly as I had left it.

"I called, your mom, Layla..." he mutters, still looking uncomfortable. "Told her everything, too," he says. Of course, he did. Layla won't be too happy with me.

I take a deep breath. "Are you alright? Like, mentally?" I ask.

"Well, when you wake up to a gaping hole in your head, another person trapped in your mind, the news that your daughter is missing and that she might not actually be your kid, you tell me how you feel. We'll compare notes," he sighs.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"It's not your fault. Just feels weird," he takes my hand in a comforting manner. "You know I'll always love you. Steven too. And... Jake as well, I guess..." he fumbles over his words. Usually, my dad is pretty confident. This is new.

"Don't worry. I know. I love you guys, too," I smile.

He kisses me on the forehead and I'm left with a warm feeling. I'll tell them about the prophecy later, knowing I'd much rather spend my time with them than worrying about some chaos serpent that could possibly destroy the world soon.

For now, I need to focus on being a kid while I still can.

                                              ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・

A/N: Already planning another book/story thing. :)