Three

I slammed the door shut behind me before pushing off my shoes.

I pulled my wand from my back pocket and used magic to make my shoes sit perfectly so that my mother wouldn't shout at me later.

Though when I walked towards my bedroom, my mum showed up, walking from the kitchen and into the hallway.

"You're late." She said. "Your curfew is nine-thirty."

"And it's nine-thirty-five." I said. "It's five minutes."

"That doesn't matter, Anna. When I say nine-thirty, I mean nine-thirty!"

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I walked past her.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." She said, following me as I walked into my room. "Unless you can follow my rules at be home by nine-thirty when I tell you to, you won't be allowed to go spend time with your friends."

"Seriously?!" I spun around to face her as I stood in my room and she was in the doorway. "It's five minutes!"

"Five minutes too many!"

I ran a hand over my face before pointing at the hallway.

"Get out."

"Excuse me? You don't speak to me that way, Anna."

"Mum, please just leave me alone. I can't do this right now. I don't have the energy!"

"Oh you don't have the energy? You don't do anything all day. You hang out with your friends and when you get home you won't even help with the chores while I do everything around here! I go to work, I put food on the table and you won't even do me one favour?"

I wanted to cry.

Maybe if I had the energy, I could've helped her.

But while she's shouting at me for not doing the dishes or not making the table, I'm planning the day when I end it all.

"Can you please just leave me alone?" I started crying, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Why are you crying? You have nothing to cry about. I'm the one who should be crying right now. I do everything for you and you don't appreciate it one bit."

I don't owe you anything.

I shook my head at her.

"I hate you." I spat. "As soon as I'm off to Hogwarts, I'm not coming home again."

"Well if that's what you want, then leave! Go stay with your dad if he even wants you!" She shouted. "You're just like him. You run away from problems instead of confronting them."

I screamed at her, physically pushing her out of my room before slamming the door shut. I rested my entire weight on the door while my mum tried to push it back open.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled, slamming my fist against the door. "Please mum! I can't do this right now!"

"Go stay somewhere else if you hate it here so much!" Mum shouted from the other side of the door. "You're acting like a baby! Grow up!"

She finally left me alone, and I slid down the door, crying.

It was always like this. One little fight and I'd be pushed so much that I ended up crying my eyes out on the floor.

I felt like I was going insane.

I felt crazy for reacting this big on something so small.

I hated that she didn't understand me. I hated that she didn't leave me alone when I ask her to.