Fifteen

"Do you know who you are?"

My question was deep, and it seemed to confuse George as he lifted his chin and looked at me.

I was writing notes, writing down the process of learning how to do non-verbal spells.

"I mean..." I sighed and looked up at the sky, biting down on my bottom lip. "...do you ever question yourself? Who you are as a person? Or do you know yourself? What you want to do with your life, what kind of things you like, what your morals are?"

When he let out a small laugh, I dropped my eyes to him as he pushed some hair out of his face and scrunched up his nose as he shrugged.

Cute.

"Is it important? We're seventeen." He said, and his eyes met mine for a short moment before I looked down.

"I don't think I'll ever know myself."

"Why not?"

I shrugged.

"I have no idea what my favourite colour is." I said, and I knew it sounded ridiculous, that that was the reason I didn't think I'd ever know myself.

"Everyone has a favourite colour."

I shook my head.

"My favourite colour is whatever Louis' favourite colour is. Or Matthew's. Or... any of my friends, really."

"So you're a people pleaser." He said slowly, but there wasn't any judgement in his eyes. It was just a statement.

An observation.

"I don't know what my favourite meal is either." I said, widening my eyes slightly at the realisation. "Sometimes it's pizza, because everyone loves pizza. But then it's lasagna because that's Abby's favourite."

I looked at George again.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked, suddenly feeling like I could trust him with my life.

I knew what this was. I had recognised it about ten minutes ago.

I was having another episode.

One of the good ones.

I felt happy, I felt confident and this morning I spent so much time in front of the mirror, posing and feeling hot.

It felt nice to love what I saw in the mirror, but I also knew it was temporary.

"Of course." George responded, and I moved a little closer to him, clearing my throat.

"I tend to copy people. I don't know why I do it, but I automatically mould myself after people I care about. I match them, if that makes sense? I can't control it."

My eyes were wide, and when I saw the way he looked at me, I felt the fear wash over me.

He thinks I'm insane.

I didn't know why I always overshared, or why I always felt like I could trust him with anything.

What am I doing?

"Hey, where're you going?" George chuckled softly and reached for my hand when I went to pack away my things.

"I—" I looked at him, blinking a few times.

"You've got something on your mind." He stated, pressing his index finger to the spot between my eyebrows. "Right there. A thought. What is it?"

I moved a hand up to touch the spot between my eyebrows, and then I sat back down.

"You think I'm crazy." I inhaled, staring up at the sky. "Which is fine. I think I'm crazy too."

"I didn't know you could read my mind." He joked, and I looked at him as he titled his head at me. "I don't think you're crazy, Anna."

Anna.

I liked the way he said my name. The way it rolled off his tongue and past his lips.

"I'm not mentally stable." I admitted, earning a small chuckle from him at my blunt comment.

"Okay."

"That doesn't make you want to run away?"

"Nope."

And then I felt brave, because no one had ever looked at me the way he looked at me after I acted like I did.

I leaned forward and I placed a hand where his neck met his shoulder. My lips pressed against his, and I moved my hand further up his neck while I felt his press to my jaw.

He parted his lips against mine, and I felt relieved.

He was kissing me back, not caring that we were in the courtyard. He didn't give two flying fucks that he was publicly kissing the girl who two years earlier had a mental breakdown in front of most of the school.

I breathed him in and then I pulled back, making sure the feeling of my lips lingered on his.

I was on my knees, between his legs, and he was looking up at me, his pupils dilated and his swollen lips parted.

"Fuck." I whispered. "I'm so sor—"

My sentence was cut short as he pulled me back down and kissed me long and hard.

His hand grasped one side of my jaw, and his nose brushed over my cheek as he parted his lips and urged mine to do the same.

His tongue was warm against mine, and I felt electricity shoot through me at the contact between our tongues.

"Dude... this is a school."

We broke apart again, and I leaned my head back, looking up to see Jason stand there, a few feet behind George.

Jason tilted his head as our eyes met, amused that he had found me making out with George Weasley in one of the courtyards.

I heard George mutter something under his breath, and my eyes fell to something in Jason's hand.

A glass of pills.

"Sorry to steal her away, Weasley. We have a small meeting in the Ravenclaw tower, and we can't have it without Anna."

I looked down at George, seeing his eyes already on me. A corner of his lips tugged upwards into a small smirk at how flushed I was.

"I'll—" my voice revealed how out of breath I was, and I cleared my throat as I got to my feet.

George's hands dropped, and he leaned back on them, in the grass, watching me gather my things.

"I uh—" I tried again, frowning as I turned to look at him, unable to meet his eyes. "...I—"

"I'll see you tomorrow." George chuckled. "If not before."

And I offered a faint smile before following Jason inside.

He glanced at me as we walked side by side. I bit my lip, staring at the floor.

I could still feel George's lips.

I looked back, seeing that George now had company in the courtyard. His brother had found him, and I could tell by Fred and Lee Jordan's laughs that they were teasing him.

"You're too horny for your own good." Jason's voice had me snap my head in his direction, my eyes wide. "What? It's written all over your face."

"Wait..." I inhaled, deciding to change the subject. "...a meeting? Why're we going to a meeting? And why are you carrying pills?"

Jason shrugged and handed over the glass of pills. I grabbed it in my hand, turning it over to look at the label.

"You got my medicine back from Graham?"

Jason glanced at me at the last of Graham's last name, and then nodded.

"We told you we would've given you the money if you had just asked. But since you would rather give up your medicine, we bought it back from him." He said. "And now it's time that we all talk, because this isn't us. We don't fight and ignore each other, and you and Abby haven't spoken a word to each other since we found out about Montague."

I didn't answer. I just stared down at the pills as we made our way through the castle.

When we reached the Ravenclaw tower, I grabbed Jason's arm and made him look at me.

I inhaled sharply.

"Thank you."