Four

"Ow! Jason!" Abby exclaimed, laughing as Jason pulled her into his lap.

"We've just found a compartment." Louis sighed from behind me. "They just can't keep their hands off each other, huh?"

"They're in love." I shrugged.

"Yeah but it's gross. She's my sister."

I grinned, walking into the compartment, following behind Michelle who shoved her bag onto the luggage rack above the seat.

I threw mine up there too, before reaching for Louis'. He handed his bag to me and I threw it up there, then reached for Matthew's as he entered the compartment as the last person.

"Thank you." He smiled while I pushed his bag up.

Matthew took a seat next to Abby and Louis while Michelle sat on the opposite side, next to the window.

I went to sit down between Michelle and Jason when someone showed up in the doorway, leaning against it.

George Weasley.

"McCarthy." He grinned, looking at me, and I cocked an eyebrow, because I don't think we've shared more than two words in the last six years.

He was leaning against the door, his arm resting above his head, and his ankles crossed.

He looked me up and down, before his eyes met mine, but I hated eye contact so I didn't look at his eyes for more than a second at a time.

"Can I help you?"

"You dropped this." He said and held up a navy blue notebook.

My diary.

My eyes widened and I stepped forward, snatching it from his hand.

"Thank you." I breathed, staring down at it.

"Don't worry." He said, and I looked up at him again. "I didn't read it."

He offered me a smile, and then backed up before turning around. I stared after him, because something was different about him this year.

Maybe it was just that his hair was no longer long. He had cut it. I didn't know if that was why he seemed so different.

George looked over his shoulder and I felt my cheeks redden as he caught me watching him walk away.

I quickly shut the door to the compartment and dropped down in my seat, ignoring the way my friends looked at me.

The train started moving as it left the platform, and the silence was broken.

"Did you see the way he looked at you?!" Abby exclaimed. "Yeah, I'm so cancelling that date I set up. My new project is getting you and George Weasley together."

I stared at her, shaking my head, because that was the last thing I wanted.

"How do you two know the difference between those two?" Louis asked. "This is our seventh year and I still can't tell who is who."

"It's easy when you share a lot of classes with them." I muttered, holding my diary against my chest.

"Exactly. George is the quiet one, not that either one of them are quiet." Michelle said. "Also, his features are more soft if you know what I mean?"

"I have no idea what you mean." Louis snorted, pushing off his shoes, pulling his feet up on the seat before putting them over my lap.

"Jesus, Louis c'mon. They smell!" I complained, scrunching up my nose as I tried to push off his feet.