Chapter Seven: The Bathtub

"Don't you need a warrant or something to search a car?" You huffed as you plopped down next to Nancy.

"No, only probable cause, why?" Nancy frowned.

"Well, how is a street fight a probable cause to search Jonathan's car?" You asked, pointing to the front of the building.

"What?!" They both sat up straight.

"I know, right? I tried yelling at them but they only threatened to cuff me.."

"Did they ask you anything?"

"They asked if I knew why there were chains, weapons, and bear traps," You sighed before shrugging. "I just told them that I've never been one to kink shame. To each their own, I said."

"Y/N, you can't talk to cops like that!" Nancy scolded, glaring at Jonathan for his stifled laugh. "This isn't funny! She could get in trouble."

"It's a little funny," Jonathan mumbled. She frowned.

"Oh, come on, Nance! Lighten up. Even Officer Callahan laughed," You giggled.

"Wha- Hey!" Callahan narrowed his eyes and pointed at you from behind a desk, failing miserably to hide the small smile on his face. "I did not laugh. That would've been incredibly unprofessional! I sneezed."

"Since when does a sneeze sound like a ha ha?" You crossed your arms.

"Y/N!" Nancy hissed, slapping your arm. "Cut it out! I'm sorry about her, Officer."

"These Henderson kids, am I right?" He shook his head, looking over at his partner, only to frown as soon as he caught a glimpse of someone walking towards the station.

"Jonathan?" Joyce called as she entered the room before she gasped at the cuffs on her son's hands. "Jesus, wh-what happened?"

"Ma'am," Callahan stepped up.

"I'm fine," Jonathan muttered.

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" Joyce grilled.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."

"Take them off."

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take them off!" Joyce snapped at the lanky officer.

"You heard her. Take 'em off!" Hopper boomed.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see!" Officer Powell said before leading him outside for a moment. When they returned, the chief placed the box full of weapons on the desk.

"What is this?" Joyce asked as she dug through the box.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car."

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan asked.

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Hopper placed his hands on the desk. Boy, he had a way of making you feel small. "I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe me," Jonathan said quickly.

"Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper asked softly; it was almost as intimidating as he was yelling. He led the three of you back into his office with Joyce. "Okay. Explanation. Now."

The next few minutes consisted of telling them everything you saw in the past 24 hours as well as the theories you had surrounding the beast and the whereabouts of the two missing kids.

"You say blood draws this thing?" He asked, looking up from the photo.

"We're not sure," Jonathan shrugged.