Chapter 10: circus of circuits

_____________
Sythical pov

I wake up and it almost seems like its been more than a day... i am covered in notes, Dr. A is sleeping on his workbench again, and there are several car batteries laying around me... I begin reading the notes, organizing them from first to last. By the time I got to the twelfth note i put them aside, realizing its all about Dr. A and his weird "family" if you could call it that. As I get out of bed I notice that the "Hacker" guy was still in the room.

"Hey... you go by hacker, right?"
"Ýéăh. Ýőů ńĕęď §ómęťhìňğ¿"
"...you... wouldn't happen to be able to talk normally without... glitches... would you?"
"Yes. Yes I can. Now what is it that you need?"
"A few things actually... why do you talk all glitchy..."
"Im a glitch. Its easier for me."
"Oh... and why are there car batteries around me?"
"Because Afton threw them at you after you fell asleep because he claims "car batteries fix everything""
"And why does he have a taser with him as he's sleeping?"
"He's waiting for you to go up to him to tase you because he's not actually asleep."

And of course after his surprise was ruined he sits up and attatches something to the taser to force it to stay on.

"What's he doing?"
"Throwing a taser"
"Wha- AAA!"

Dr. A had spun around and threw the taser at me, hitting me directly in the chest with electricity. And there goes more errors for me to fix. Great...

"Glitch! Why did you have to ruin the surprise!"
"Because that was more funny."
"I hate you..."
"Not my fault that we are stuck together."
"Then who's is it. You followed me."
"Either Henry or Wil-"
"Don't finish that sentence."

And with that, im able to stand again... "Who's henry?"

They both stay silent. "Hellooo? I had a questi-"
"Sythical be quiet before I throw another taser at you."
"Henry was his fathers partner in 'crime.' They owned restaurants."
"Oh..."

My vision and visor display began to glitch out and a message popped up. It read "dont panic. Its just me, Hacker. To give you a better idea as to whats happening im telling you. His father, William, kicked him out of the house before he was even two years old. By the time he was twelve his father was three years into the restaurant business. William had lost two of his kids at this point snd wanted others to feel his pain. He started killing kids. Then his third kid died. It would seem that only we know what happened to them. I can tell you more later."

I look at Hacker and nod with a slight smile and he nods back. "Im going to the other room. Im going to talk with the others back at the island..."

__________
Dr. A pov

After Sythical left the room I throw the taser at Hacker, knowing he would move anyway. "You know... I was planning on going to see if any restaurants were still intact. Should I bring him with?"
"Probably not... unless you want to have him constantly asking questions."
"Fair enough. When do you think is a good time to go?"
"I wouldn't. Leaving Sythical alone for that long isnt the best idea..."
"He isnt alone. He has Dr. S, enchanted... the others..."
"He won't talk to them because you are the nicest to him."
"I gave him a holographic watch if he get bored or needs to talk"
"He's not actually going to use i-"

The holo-watch sitting on my desk goes on, interrupting and proving Hacker wrong.
"Dr. A! The messaging system isnt working!"
"Plug it in, Sythical."
"It is!"
"Then plug in the extension cord."
"Oh... thanks..."

The watch turns back off as Hacker and I look each other in the eyes.

"Told you so."

_________
Dr. S pov

"Audio log number 74853. Afton still hasn't gotten me back after all of the things I've done to him. It may be because I always know where he his or because he's always 'busy.' Ive noticed strange things about Sythical lately though. Like the fact that he can appear out of nowhere, I can never identify where he is until we are in the same room, and the less strange thing is that he eats bread... I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or if Afton and Sythical are but I know somethings going on here. Other than whats going on with those two, Sharky and I have been running tests. We know Afton has made the cure for the outbreak but I also cant seem to copy it's matter or formula. We've also concluded that the latex can combine. There does not seem to be a limit to how many can merge. Side note: Sythical does not shut up. He will continue talking for hours."

With my audio log done I walk back to the test chamber. Sharky seems on edge.

"Whats wrong?"

"I think the test may be going wrong..."

"So terminate it."

"Thats the second issue. I can't."

_____________
Sythical pov

"Hey Dr. A?"
"What?"
"Can you... die?"
"No. The only thing that could theoretically remove me from this planet is an ion cannon powerful enough to disintegrate atoms, which I do not need to worry about because the only two people who knew how to make one, other than me, are dead."
"I've heard you mention the "two" before... who are they?"

Dr. A gives off a sigh.
"One was a regular scientist doing experiments named Jhon and the other was the famous 'Dr. Sven Whinshire'"
"And how do you know they both died?"
"Because there is no medical history from after the world was nuked."
"Fair point but the name sounds familiar... like ive heard it before..."
"Impossible. You've never heard of this man because he is dead. And you haven't been here long enough for the topic of him to come up again."
"Come on Dr. A! Use your brain! Dr. S very well may be him! Think about it!"
"Oh please. Its coincidental enough that they look similar and both have an 'S' as the first letter in the name. It's not the same guy."
"Then why dont you go ask him. Or go listen through the vents."
"The vent?"
"Yeah just climb in and go listen!"
"I think I'm just going to ask like a normal person would..."

Dr. A walked off leaving me awkwardly standing there so I went back to the communications room. Its almost therapeutic to talk on the radio... like watching an actually enjoyable opera... either way its still fun to see whats going on back at the island while things arent blowing up.

____________
Sharky pov

"Why can't you terminate the experiment!?" Yelled Dr. S.
I meekly point over to the chamber where the experiment should have been.
"ITS GONE!?! YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT THERE IS A GIANT LATEX... THING OUT THERE!?"
"Yes?"
"Get Dr. A."
"He's already at the door."
"Dr. A get in here..."
Dr. A walks in confused as to why im hiding behind a clipboard as well as why there was yelling
"Whats... going on?"
"Dr.S... Is mad at me because something escaped..."
"And you need me because you cant figure out how to make a cure? Correct?"
"Yes. That would be correct. Sharky apparently can't do anything good while being alone for five minutes so we need you."
"Here's a syringe with the cure. Don't waste it."
He throws a syringe and Dr. S catches it.
"You sure this is enough? One half full syringe?"
"Please. I've used less on something bigger."
He turns to walk out but stops
"Hey Dr. S?"
"What?"
"You wouldn't happen to be the Dr. Sven Whinshire... would you?"
"I- Who told you?"
"Good luck at catching that experiment. Also, I would start being scared and or suspicious of Sythical.  Bye!"

Man I wish I could hang out with him more... He almost never leaves his room though... And now Sythical is there.
"Lets go."
My thoughts are interrupted by Dr. S dragging me through the facility to go catch and cure the giant latex creature on the loose. I can only hope he knows what hes doing with the syringe though...