Chapter 12: trains, tools, and fax machines

____________
Sythical pov

With Dr. A gone I dont have anyone to annoy. Sharky just left to get some coffee and im still in Dr. A'S room looking at his unreasonably large collection of guns. Im still surprised that Sharky of all people would want to hang out with me! These guys barley know who, or even what I am and they take intrest in hanging out with me!

____________
Sharky pov

"Log number 647.
Sythical may be a cool guy to hang out with but I still need to get with Dr. A. He knows something I dont and I intend to find out soon. I will tear his office to shreds if I must... actually... I dont want him to hate me. Either way, Im going to talk to him when he gets back even if he tries to shoo me away! Im not a kid and Im tired of him treating me like that!"

__________
Dr. A pov

Its nice here. New world, new people, no protogens... wait- nevermind. Although im sure they aren't entirely cybernetic, they still exist. Now I've realized that Im glad mostly everyone is dead in the facility world... it needs a better name. Im going to call it world zero because the actual name for the dimension is way too long. Although this place is a lot more lively, its definitely the same place as the facility. I have a good reason as to why I go outside before teleporting. Believe it or not, the facility is just the basement to a mall that got wiped out. Yet it still stands here in this dimension. The mall was rented out for a furry convention apparently because there is lots of people in suits here. I did try and test Sythical for being a random survivor in a suit. He absolutely isnt. If a human survived the fall he took from atmosphere, they would be god.

Hacker turns to face Dr. A "you good?"

I jump, not expecting to be interrupted in his thoughts "oh. Yeah. Im fine. I should be asking you if you're ok, though..."

Hacker sounds worried and confused "why?"

I let out a little laugh "you're covered in stickers!"

Hacker glares at him "I did this on my own, thank you. A lot of people keep telling me my cosplay is awesome and giving me free stickers! I keep trying to tell them its not a cosplay and they give me more for "staying in character!" I dont know what this means so im ruining it by covering myself in free stickers."

I sigh "you know those are expensive stickers, right? Go glitch them off of you and clean them so they can be reused. You can sell them for like... 15 to 20 or if you want, 37 usd"

"No! Im not selling these!"

"Half of those are... um... most of those are stickers from a dildo company."

Hacker stares at Dr. A "what..."

I stare off into the croud "Just remove the stickers. We might need to get out of here..."

"Why? Do you know someone here?"

"In a sense, yes. I just saw a protogen that looked almost exactly like Sythical..."

"What!?!"

_________
Dr.S pov

Sythical may be "cool" but he is the equivalent of a child. Cool is definitely not the right word... hes just... interesting. I really need to talk him out of constantly jumping in the vents. They're starting to dent and bend. I'm starting to worry that they might break. Not to mention, Sharky has started doing the same. Speaking of Sythical and Sharky, where is everyone? I think Sythical is in Dr. A's room and Sharky is... using the radio that Dr. A made. I'm now realizing that the people I work with are both childish at times. I'm going to talk with Sythical. Knowing him its going to take a few hours.

____________
Sharky pov

I saw Sythical finally leave the room and Dr.S stopped him. They talked for a while and I could tell it was getting harder for Dr.S to stay calm. By the time I got over to try and help Dr.S was already very mad. He manages to turn around and start walking away but Sythical said something. I dont remember what was said because it all happened really fast. It started as a conversation, then Dr.S tried to walk away from the situation and Sythical said something and that sent him over the top. Dr.S grabbed him, lifted him with ease, and threw him at the wall. He survived but said something else so Dr.S grabbed him agian and threw him so hard it sent him through a couple walls. I think we both ran over to where he stopped but he wasnt there... I dont even remember what happened but we were both in shock.

"Dr. A doesn't need to know about this... right?"

"Yeah... just... put a drawing on a post-it note and stick it to a fax machine. It wont be much different anyway."

"I dont think-"

"Shut. Unless you want to think that he just disintegrated and died, and get Dr. A mad again? Just... help fix the walls."

"Do posters work? We can just say we were redecorating."

"Just cover the holes. I dont care how."

"A-alright..."

____________
Sythical pov

I begin standing up, hurt and in more pain than when I originally crashed down to the planet. I am extremely disoriented and dizzy with no idea where I am. Im surrounded by a world of gray hills and an ash colored sky.

"What... is this place... hello? Anyone here?"

No answer. Just the faint echo amongst the dead trees and fog. No breeze or sun. Not even my visor has a glow. I begin to walk around, not feeling anything. There is no warmth or cold. No sound or smell. Not even touch or taste... not that I want to taste anything here... Either way, I just hope that Im not here for long. Its starting to give me the creeps...

__________
Dr. A pov

I hate public transit. Every time its just a bunch of people crowded in a tight space with no room to even breath. I have what I came for. I just need to get back to the mall, get a picture of something, and get home. Hopefully Sythical hasn't completely destroyed my workshop. Im ready for this to just be one bad dream and I wake up as a happy kid again. I miss Michael. Even if he was a jerk at times...

"Ah public transportation. Isn't it just wonderful?" Hacker says

I step off the train and exit the station. "At least you don't have to have a physical body. You are lucky we can talk through my mind. Best excuse I have is schizophrenia."

"We both know what you're going to say next so dont bother-"

"Im getting sick of using that excuse."

"... Just shut up and finish the thing you came here for."

"Then stop trying to start conversations..."

____________________________

Holy crap im sorry for the wait! I partially kept forgetting that i have wattpad and when I remembered I kept putting it off! Harder than it looks to keep a schedule while in school! This might be the last chapter for a bit unless I become extremely motivated. Stay safe and stay in school!