009|

"It's like... it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling." Will tried to explain to Riley who was sat on his bed next to him and Mike who was walking around the room looking at a bunch of lines Will had drew earlier that day, "See what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside down?" Mike asked.

"Some of him is there." Will started, "But some of him is here, too."

"Here, as in, it's in this house?" Riley questioned glancing at Mike from the corner of her eye.

"In this house, and... in me." Will said as Mike sat the opposite side of him to Riley, "It's like... it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." 

"And the more you see these now-memories." Mike concluded.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head." Will held his hand on the back of his neck, "I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now its like... Now I remember. I remember all the time."

Riley placed her arm over the shaking boys shoulder as Mike started to speak.

"Maybe.. Maybe that's good."

"Good?"

"Just think about it, Will. You're like a spy now. A superspy. Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling... maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason."

"You really think so?" Will asked looking at Mike.

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do." Will looked down towards a drawing on the floor of a large spider-like shadow.

"What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?"

"He won't." Mike spoke firmly.

"How do you know."

Mike placed his hand on Will's shaking one as Riley pull him further into her side, "We won't let him." She spoke up as Will refused to take his eyes off the drawing of the shadow monster.

Riley had spent the night sleeping on the Byers couch while Mike slept on the floor in Will's room, she had woken up to find Joyce sat in the middle of the floor looking at Will who had just entered the room with Mike.

"I saw him." Will spoke as Mike walked over sitting beside's Riley who lent her head on his shoulder not ready to get up yet.

"You saw who, baby?" Joyce asked confused.

"Hopper." Will explained, "I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die."

Joyce, Mike and Riley all stood behind Will watching him redraw a certain part of him map which he saw Hopper in. He came to a sudden stop sitting upright as Joyce lent down to look at the drawing, "Is this where you saw him? Is this where you saw Hopper?"

"I think so. Yeah." Will nodded. The four then spread out trying to find which part of the lines the one Will had just drawn fitted onto, which was very hard since they were all over the house.

"Here!" Mike yelled as they quickly made their way over to him.

"Okay," Joyce muttered under her breath, "So Hopper is here?"

"Yeah," Riley nodded her head, "But where is here?"

Mike looked around the room, "Did he say anything? I mean, before he left?"

"Uh, some... something about vines?" Joyce sighed still holding the piece of paper in place. They all looked up when they heard a car approaching, Joyce ran out the house thinking it was hopper leaving Mike and Riley by themselves on the sitting room.

Turns out it wasn't Hopper, it was Joyce's boyfriend Bob who now stood in the sitting room surrounded by Mike, Will, Joyce and Riley as he looked around the room in confusion. He turned back to Will, "You drew all these yourself?" Will nodded, "Why exactly?"

"I... I told you the rules." Joyce repeated, "No questions, okay? We just need you to help us figure out what..." Joyce went to lead him to another room but stopped when he didn't follow, "Bob? Bob? Over here." 

She led him back towards the drawing which Will did just before he'd gotten there, "Where... where this is."

"That's the objective." Mike said.

"Find the X" Riley finished.

"Yeah? What's at the X? Pirate treasure?" Bob chuckled.

"Bob, no questions." Joyce cut him off.

"Okay." Bob lent over to Joyce, "Let me talk to you for a second." He turned to the three kids, "Hang on, guys." He led Joyce into another room leaving them stood there awkwardly.

"Okay, I get it." Bob walked back into the room a few seconds later, "That's lake Jordan." He pointed to an area of Will's drawing before walking to another, "And if that's lake Jordan, then you can probably find... Yeah, that's, uh, Sattler's quarry."

He moved towards another area, "And if you just follow it naturally... it moves to... the Eno River. And there it is. That's the Eno, do you see it? Okay so the lines aren't roads. But they act like roads. And they act like roads 'cause when you follow 'em, you'll see... they don't go over water. And that's the giveaway. Ha!"

Bob laughed, "Don't you get it? It's not a puzzle, it's a map. It's a map of Hawkins."