030|

Jonathan rushed back towards the group falling into his position besides El a knife in his hand, "Alright, El. This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" El let out a whimper tightening her grip around  both Mike and Riley's hands,  "I need you to stay real still."

He handed a wooden spatula towards Mike, "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" 

Riley turned away from Jonathan focusing her attention on El when the older teen pulled the knife closer to El's skin. Riley knew the moment the knife cut into El's skin as the girl eyes slammed shut, yelling out in pain.

El spat the spatula from her mouth yelling at Jonathan to stop when his hand moved around inside her leg trying to pull whatever was in there out, "I can do it." She sat up with Riley's help, "I can do it."

El help out her shaking hand towards the cut yelling out when it started moving under her skin once more. The glass behind them smashed into pieces as El let out a particularly loud scream, Dustin lent over slightly covering Riley and El from any falling shards of glass.

The creature was slowly pulled from El's leg before being thrown in the opposite direction. It squirmed slightly before moving across the floor trying to escape, only for a large boot to stomp ontop of it squashing it into the floor.

The group all looked up to find Joyce and Hopper stood watching them, a man who Riley didn't recognised to their right.

"The mind flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike was trying to explain everything to Hopper and Joyce.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy spoke up.

"How big is it?" Hopper questioned from where he was sat on a bench, El cuddled into his side, still tired and in pain from pulling the piece of the monster out of her leg.

"it's big. Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah," Lucas nodded, "It sorta destroyed your cabin." Hopper sighed looking annoyed, "Sorry."

"Okay," Steve cut in, "So, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?"

"Yes." 

"But instead of like, screws and metal, the mind flayer made it's weapon... with melted people." Steve continued.

"Yes, exactly."

"Yeah, okay." Steve shrugged, "I- yeah, i'm just making sure."

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked.

"El beat the shit out of it, buy, yeah, it's still alive." Max explained.

"But if we close the gate again." Will started only to be cut of by Max.

"We cut the brain of from the body."

"And kill it." Lucas added, "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo!" Everyone turned to find Murray, the man who had turned up with Joyce and Hopper marching towards them, "Yoo-hoo!"

He slammed the paper down on a table pointing towards a room on a hands drawn map, "Okay, this is what Alexei called 'the hub', now the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, then where's the gate?" Hopper asked leaning over his shoulder.

"Right here, I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so."