* 5 *

As we ascend the mountain, I have an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. 'I know that this is upper moon territory, but please let just find what we're looking for and be done with it.'

"Miss Rengoku?" Tanjiro asks softly. "Please just call me Luna. It's easier." I say with a soft smile. 'He reminds me of Senjuro, in a way....'

"So....what's this mission we're on? Like what's our goal?"

"It's simple. We know of the six territories that the upper moons watch over to guard the main portals to the Infinity Castle, but our job tonight is to find them and close them. And kill the grunt demons guarding them." Tanjiro looks at me with a confused but understanding look on his face.

I nod and swallow, my throat dry from nervousness. "My brother....." I stop abruptly, my breath hitching and my voice trembling. I wipe a tear and sigh. "My brother was hunting these portals before he was killed...."

"I understand Miss Luna-" Tanjiro cuts his sentence short. He then smells the air and gags. "Demons....north. About 5 meters." I nod and run ahead, to protect the boys.

'She runs just like Mr. Rengoku....' Tanjiro whispers under his breath as he runs towards us, Nezuko following right beside him.

"Star breathing: first form! Shooting star!" I swing my sword as a demon lunges towards me, almost ripping my throat out. "Shit he caught me off guard." I take my stance again and slice his arms off, a wave of stars following as I cut upwards, slicing his head off. "Grunt demons are always the weakest." I gloat slightly as I launch myself into the trees to hide.

Then I see him.

Upper moon 3.

"Shit I didn't know this was his territory." I start to freak out a bit. "BOYS RUN! PLEASE!!" I hop down and swing at the pink haired demon, trying to distract him to give the boys an opening. All I hear is Inosuke running behind me, wildly. "I'M GONNA KILL THIS DEMON!!" I gasp as he runs past me. I shove him back with my heavy breath. Inosuke flys through the air, confused. "TRUST ME! YOU WON'T WIN AND HE WON'T FIGHT ME! IM A WOMAN!" I scream, tears flooding my vision. "Akaza please spare the boys. I-I....I'll do anything just please leave the boys to live." I kneel and hand him my sword as a sign of a truce. "Please don't harm them...." He smirks and lifts my chin to look him in the eyes. "Get up, Luna. You're going to get your haori dirty. Again." I slowly get up and face him, my 5 foot frame paleing in comparison to the tall demon. "I promise I won't kill the demons if...." He pauses, smirking and chuckling. "....if you agree to be mine for eternity~" I gasp. "I won't become a demon. It's against my code as a demon slayer. I can't." I look down and tear up, fear rising in my body as I fail the boys.

"I have another option, my starlight~"