* 10 *

As I'm floating inside the subconscious blue haze of my mind, I keep hearing a warm and soft voice.

"Luna~ please wake up...."

My eyes open, stars fill my irises as I start swimming towards the surface, my lungs starting to burn. I see a soft glowing light in front of me, glowing brighter as I get closer.

My eyes open.

I gasp for air, my lungs heavy from my subconscious. Akaza is by my side, cheeks stained with tears. He looks up towards me and embraces me, slightly crushing my ribs. "Too. Tight." I gasp. He lets go and looks down, sadness growing in his eyes. "Sorry. It's just.....it's been a month since you've been conscious....." My eyes grow wider.

"A whole month?"

He nods softly.

*A Few Hours Later*

I sit in a chair as Akaza blow dries my hair softly, trying not to burn me. I sit quietly and play on his Nintendo Switch as he then brushes and braids my hair, his fingers intricately working to get the braids perfect. He hands me a mirror and smiles proudly as I blush at how good my hair looks.

"You even cut my split ends off....how do you know how to take care of a woman so well?"

"Well.....a few hundred years ago, I was engaged to be married to a beautiful woman and I took it upon myself to learn how to take care of her so she didn't have to work so hard. Even before she passed, I took care of her until her dying day." He tears up a bit. I wipe his tear from his cheek and smile softly.

"I'm sure she was grateful for you to be there. Even in her last moments." His long locks brush my cheeks as his face gets buried into my chest. I smile softly and kiss the top of his head, laying my cheek on his head.

After a few moments, he helps me stand up and lay back down in the bed with fresh blue silk sheets. I smile and snuggle the new dragon plushie he got me. He hands me the switch as he sits down beside me, wrapping his strong arms around my soft chubby tummy. I squirm a bit, trying to push him away.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly, his face showing confusion.

"I'm self conscious about my weight. No matter what I do or what I eat, I'm still a bit chubby." I hide my tummy in the blankets. He growls and grips my waist tighter.

"I love every single thing about you, Luna Rengoku."