three

Author's Note

Enjoy the next chapter :D ; Constructive criticism, comments and votes are all appreciated, I'd love to interact with you!

         Rooney hated trains. She much preferred flying or apparating, and frankly, the speed at which the train was travelling was embarrassing. She snuffled, coiling her tail around Theseus' arm as she perched around his shoulders in her dragon form. Over the past few days, the two had grown closer, and seeing as Newt was pacing in circles, Theseus' broad shoulders made the perfect perch for her. Rooney had been told to transform rather rudely that morning by Newt when Theseus came to pick them up, and no explanation had been offered. So, the woman purred on the auror's shoulder as though she were nothing more special than a house cat, invading the man's personal space and making it quite hard for him to think properly as he attempted to read the morning's prophet. The compartment was empty besides Newt, Bunty and Theseus, although Newt glanced at the fireplace and kept muttering "Any minute now," so Rooney assumed that more were to join them. Sure enough, green flames gave way to a man she recognized as Yusuf Kama, the half brother to Leta Lestrange that both Newt and Theseus had told her separately about. She ignored the light conversation the three men made, waiting rather impatiently for Newt to get on with his explanation as to why she was in dragon form.

          "That thing is new," Kama said, his eyebrows raising as he took in the cat-sized dragon that had sprawled across Theseus' shoulders. "I was under the impression that the ministry had stopped dealing with dragons years ago." Theseus stiffened, his hand unconsciously going to Rooney's head, as though to block her from view. Realising what he had done, he awkwardly began to stroke the woman's head, and the she-dragon gladly pressed her face into his palm, making him gulp and hope desperately that he wouldn't blush. "She's a special case," he managed to spit out, Yusuf nodded, looking rather confused. "Ah. I see." Luckily, Theseus was spared from any further conversation by the fireplace roaring with green flames again, signalling the arrival of their next guests.

         "Jacob!" Newt exclaimed, drawing the dragon's attention from Theseus' pets. "I was absolutely sure that Professor Hicks would convince you!" The man awkwardly embraced the muggle, and Theseus swatted Rooney's snout and hushed her as she started to snicker, drawing an odd look from Yusuf. As the muggle baker clapped Newt's arm, the fireplace flashed again, this time signalling the arrival of a very beautiful witch, who immediately caught Rooney's eye, causing her to straighten, drawing Theseus to look at the dragon questioningly. As Newt greeted her, the American Professor glanced around, and Eulalies' attention fell easily onto the odd man at the back, who had the most beautiful charcoal coloured dragon curled around his neck. Her attention was drawn away from the man though, as Newt began his introductions.

         "So, this is Bunty Broadacre, my indispensable assistant of 7-"

"-8 years. 8 years and 164 days-"

          "Indispensable, as you can see. And this is-"

"Yusuf Kama. Pleasure."

         "And you've obviously already met Jacob's acquaintance." As the two smiled at each other, Theseus stepped forwards clearing his throat. The dragon around his neck also looked rather offended, blowing a smoke ring in Newt's face. "Ah, this is my brother Theseus. He, uh, he works for the Ministry." Theseus glanced at his brother, "I'm the Head of the Auror department, actually." Before the American could respond, Newt nodded, "Yes. Head of the Auror department, and that around his neck, is the most incredible Miss Rooney Keros." The compartment watched as the dragon around Theseus' neck preened under the attention suddenly given to her, then they jumped backwards as the dragon leapt forwards, landing beside Newt as a beautiful young woman. Eulalie's eyes darted over the woman in appreciation, admiring her appearance. Rooney wore a white long sleeve button up with a blue chequered pattern that was tucked into high waisted navy pants, her brown oxford heels shining from where they peeked out of her wide pant legs. Her hair was elegantly styled in curls that framed her face, and her round, wire frame spectacles glinted on her nose. "Miss Hicks, it's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance. And might I just say that you look absolutely fabulous, far more beautiful than I could have imagined. I absolutely adore your book, I must say."