~A Cat~

Morning, or not... I woke up that morning at 3:33 A.M. Strange, how, and why did I wake at this time? I don't remember. the little there's dancing on my little purple analog clock. I tossed and turned in my uncomfortable rickety bed but nothing, there was no way I was sleeping anymore tonight. What would I do now? I looked around my cold dark room and rubbed my eyes. I pulled my hand away from my face and I saw a little black shadow figure in my window. Confused, I stood up And tilted my head staring down at the dark shape outside my windowsill then two big eyes stared at me, they were blue... And unhuman. Huh. . . staring harder I realized -it was a little kitty!

The little kitty I somehow remembered Coraline talking about it back with Wybie at the well. Oh, it was... I forgot its name. Carl? No. Charles? Close... OH! Charlie. That was it. I looked at him again he was licking his little paw and looking down. I shot him a knowing glance, "Charlie" I half whispered. Smiling shyly. He looked up with his tongue still touching his black fuzzy paw. "Charlie!" He turned his head almost an... Annoyed look on his face?

I looked down at a little knob to open my window

I looked down at a little knob to open my window. He wouldn't hurt me so I thought I could let the little guy in, maybe because I was bored, but there was some sort of force. I'm not sure exactly but it was pulling me toward the knob to let him in... Why else would he be at my window? He must be cold. Lighting struck that second. LOUD. like the breaking of a whole huge tree snapping in half in a matter of seconds. I jumped back, my heart RACING. I was scared.

How silly, to be scared of lightning. Don't be selfish y/n, imagine how HE feels! Out there in the cold, wet storm. I finally opened the window enough so he could shimmy his way into my room. He did. I grabbed a t-shirt from my suitcase on the floor and dried him off. He left tiny mud footprints on my white windowsill. But I didn't mind. I was glad he was inside and warm. "Hey-" silly of me to speak to the cat, knowing he could respond... At least not in speech... "-d'ya want anything? Like uh... milk?" He looked up at me. What was I saying? Oh lord. I sat him next to my heating unit that blew a gentle steady stream of warm air into my cold room. It barely worked, but it was better than nothing.