~Exploring~

*yawn* I gently rubbed my eyes as the yellow sunlight glistened on my face. I placed my hand next to my leg and I felt another hand touch it, "AHH" I screamed. "Oh... it's just you" I sighed looking at the doll. "Don't scare me like that!"

It was morning at the pink palace, bright and early. That meant it was time to go exploring! I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out a black sweatshirt over it and put on a dark grey and black striped tee. I grabbed out a zip-up black rain jacket because it was chilly outside.

I stared at the doll who was now sitting on the floor staring up at me. Confused about how she got there I picked her up and placed her on the windowsill in a sitting position. I ran downstairs, put on my black lace-up hiking boots, and headed out of the flat.

I looked around outside wondering what to do first, I stumbled on a particular rock, and I found myself laying on the wet grass, I looked up and saw the main flat entrance to the Pink Palace and decided I wanted to go and introduce myself. I brushed the wet bits of grass off my jeans and skipped over to the door.

*ding dong* the door sang. I waited a few seconds and then - *CRE-EAK* screamed the door. I saw a girl my height with shiny short blue hair and an orange and yellow sweater staring at me "Hiya! You must be the new neighbor, I've been waiting for another kid to move in around here! All I have is boring old Wybie, I'll introduce you later"

"I'm (y/n) btw" I stated. "Ohh right I'm COR-aline, Coraline jones" she stated swinging the door back and forth *squeak, squeak, *squ-e-e-ak* "come on in (y/n)"

Coraline squealed. I smiled and walked through the door into her big part of the house. "Wow, your part is much bigger than mine" I laughed.

       "Cora-" her mother started "-Coraline who is this?" she asked typing on her computer

"Cora-" her mother started "-Coraline who is this?" she asked typing on her computer. "Oh, hello Coraline's mother, I'm (y/n)!" "well it's nice to meet you (y/n)" she replied without looking up from her computer. "Come, follow me (y/n), I've got so much to show you!" She squealed excitedly trotting out the front door.
I followed happily skipping beside her. "So what brings you like,

here?" She stops to ask. I look at her and say "Oh I don't know work, I guess?" she replies "Oh same, I just moved here about a year ago." I laughed "That explains the unpacked boxes!" "Haha!" she giggles, "Ohh I know I'll bring you down to meet Mrs. Spink and Mrs. Forcible, and Mr. B and then I guess I'll bring you by the old well, Wybie hangs out there a lot."