Legally Bound

by: loveaesthetically

Status: On hold (45 chapters)

Summary written by the author:
[arranged marriage 1.1] When Sia Parish's alliance is fixed with William Remington, her life takes an unexpected turn. For someone who has her entire life meticulously planned out, marrying a dashing arrogant businessman whom she met once was never on her to-do list, especially when he turns to be exactly what the media portrays him to be: a domineering Casanova.

REVIEW

Plot- or character-driven?

Both.

Strong character development?

YES. Thank, God, or else I would've dropped this.

Lovable characters?

Yes.

Diverse cast of characters?

YES.

Flaws of character a main focus? Yes.

Pace: Medium

POV: 3rd pov omniscient 

Overall thought:
Incoming, unsolicited fact about me: I'm not a fan of the arranged marriage trope. Don't get me wrong, I've read tons but I can count with my fingers how many of them I've found to be passing a certain acceptable quality threshold. And Legally Bounded is one of those.

It was such as roller coaster ride, and I remember how contrasting my feelings were when I was on the first half versus when I was on the later half- having spent being hurt and hateful (wanting to kick William on the balls) on the first half, and having spent the other half questioning myself as to why I am still single.

There (3) notable things which I love most about the book:
1. It is a diverse lit that is non-stereotypical and genuine. Ahleks, what do you mean by genuine? I meant that it properly introduces the identity and culture of the person(s) of color, not just stating that "person A is an Indian-American." and just complacently stopping there.
2. The Enemies-to-Lovers, often a sub-trope of the arranged marriage plot, can be quite toxic. Therefore, it requires awareness, development, and time for the then-enemies to be able to build a healthy relationship that aims for longevity. And the author made sure of that.
3. Their dynamics OML. Esp, when they're about to make out 🥵

Now, for the most important question concerning most new adult(I consider this New Adult lmao) books with the arranged marriage trope: does this have 🌶?
I am assuming it does, because with the latest chapters, we are on the mild level. I'm not mad tho, their sweet moments more than make up for it. I am crying in single.

RATING: (initial) 8.9