Climbing

by: Air_AM8

Status: Completed

Author's summary:
After a life-changing move, Winter Moore realizes she needs to learn to climb if she wants to kick old habits and have a chance at her dreams. Murdoch Hayes, a lone-wolf and rock climber extraordinaire, might just be able to help.

***

When Winter moves over 1000 miles away from her hometown of Toronto to live with her half-aunt in Minnesota, she doesn't know what to expect. Soon confronted by her past and daunted by her future, she finds herself struggling to meet the expectations placed on her and is thrown into free fall with no one to catch her.

But with the help of new family, friends, and a surly boy named Murdoch, Winter might soon be able to overcome her walls... and maybe break down a few others in the process.

REVIEW

Plot- or character-driven?

Character.

Strong character development?

...

Lovable characters?

Yes.

Diverse cast of characters?

Yes.

Flaws of character a main focus? A bit.

Pace: Fast.

POV: 3rd pov

Overall thought:
Solid writing, with an interesting premise which I thought the story would be built around indoor rock climbing, but that's not the case. It's become more of an accessory rather than a recreational tool to build the mc's character.

Rather than a romance story, I'd say it's more of a 33-chapter coming of age story with some romance.

Pacing's fast, so don't expect for conflicts and relationships to simmer and be expounded.

But overall, it's a good and semi-light read with characters who know how to COMMUNICATE to further complicate problems (rare species in literature ik).

Anyway, hoping to see more works from the author.

RATING: 6.7