Losing Grip

by: Ravenclaw_Pride002

Status: Completed

Summary written by the author:
After her sister died, Avery found out just how much she hid behind Riley and how comfortable it had been to live through her stories instead of living her own.

Realizing that and making a change, however, were two different things, as Avery soon understood. But life had not given her much of a choice.

Maintaining a safe distance between herself and all those who used to know Riley was her miserable attempt at dealing with the grief. But she saw her strategic plan crumble, forced to face the friends she had been pushing away.   

The year she believed she could breeze through was revealing itself to be the year she must face all the pain she had been repelling.

And there was no one to hide behind now.

REVIEW

Plot- or character-driven?

Character.

Strong character development?

Yes :')

Lovable characters?

Yes.

Diverse cast of characters?

I'm assuming.

Flaws of character a main focus? Yes.

Pace: Medium

POV: 1st pov 

Overall thought:
A fast 36-chapter, including the epilogue, read but this left a mark on me. It wasn't perfect but this had something special that made me not exclude this hear (ik, the double negatives ;/).

And what's that something special?
(1) This book is not just about grieving, it IS grieving, without having the need exaggerate somberness:
(2) no inappropriate or unnecessary romance plot; and
(3) a simple, but raw and vivid melancholic writing

A flaw I just had to note that led me to understand why authors decide to write mcs with 1 or 3 friends, it really is complex to write a story with a huge set of supporting characters.

Overall, I followed the author after finishing  this in a day. I'm very much expecting her 1 other published work, as well as her future works.

RATING: 7