Chapter 9 - Heart to heart conversations

"That went great." Said Klaus with a clearly fake deep voice, clapping his shoes together. So now Viktor had come down the stairs without Harlan, and had disappointed every member of his family by letting the grandpa go. Y/n wasn't supposed to be happy about this, but she kinda was. After Luther had walked away followed by Viktor, Y/n finally decided to be visible again, she was standing where Five was half an hour ago, Klaus and him sitting in front of her.

"Oh no, let me." She said halting Klaus from stretching over the bar, she took the bottle instead and poured a glass for each one of them, even herself.

"Merci, my lady." Smiled Klaus while looking at her pouring the clear liquid on his glass. "Are you new? Never seen you before."

"Yes, Kinda. Considerably better than my last job, kicking teenagers' asses." She said glancing shortly at Five. He rolled his eyes and sighed at the stupid comment she had made.

"Thanks." Mumbled Five, he sounded exhausted really. Y/n nodded amused and after pouring in every glass she closed the bottle and put it back in its place.

"I saw my future self die." He told his brother, by now Y/n knew that Five had somewhat of a soft spot for the skinny one, it was kinda of sweet really.

"That's crazy." Gasped Klaus. "Almost the exact thing happened to me. But I didn't die, but I did, but..." He started to tell him something, but Five wasn't yet done so it really just happened that they talked over each other. Y/n didn't even wait for them she just downed her drink and decided to pour one more for her.

"Okay.." Sighed Five at the end of the talk, he grabbed his glass so he could cheer with Klaus.

"Well, up your ass." Said Klaus at the same time of Five.

"Salud." Was Five's cheer, way more elegant than Klaus for sure. He had glared at him for a second before stopping himself from drinking up the liquid, speech spelled behind his eyes, Y/n recognized that in him, it really looked like a Hargreeves thing because she could see that in Reginald's eyes sometimes.

"I've dedicated my entire life to stopping the apocalypse. Apocalypses, plural." He inhaled in is particular 'purr' way, she looked at him as soon as she heard that and the two looked at each other while he kept on talking. "And he tells me..." Klaus hummed confirming that he was still listening to him even while he was pouring a second glass for himself. "That it's... it's– what? It's meaningless?"

"Oh, well, I don't know anything—" Klaus said wanting to help but not knowing what to actually say, Five sighed and kinda of ignored him, he was in a thinking out loud, processing right now.

"Maybe that's his way of saying not to become him. But..." He confessed his face showing confusion again while looking at Y/n and finally he drank. Five sighed and Klaus shoulders dropped at the show of emotions.

"Oh, you're really messed up about this, huh?" He asked, Y/n liked this guy, he kinda felt like a good balance for Five.

"I've cheated time so much, I guess I just figured I'd somehow cheat death." He mumbled between sighs. Wow this guy was full of himself. "But it turns out, I die a one-armed nightmare, inside a bureaucratic hell-scape of my own design."

"Spoiler alert!" Chuckled out Klaus doing a hand gesture again, Y/n snorted like she had snort out at the commission, just a little louder now that she didn't have to be a spy on a mission.

Five dropped on the bar a piece of his skin commenting about a trashy tattoo his older self had on his skin, then looked up at Y/n realizing she had made that cute little sound again. She was slightly disgusted by the piece of skin he had retrieved really, Klaus in the other hand was overly excited, he even poked it. Five was lost now he was looking at her but he wasn't really seeing, he was lost in his own mind until Klaus told him to not join the gang of the tattoo.