3

I make my way to the cafeteria, my dads already there so is 001.
"Dawn, come here." My dad reaches his hand out.
I stand closer to him and he wraps his arm around me, I feel anxious as he does. I don't know what to see him as now that I know what he's been doing for years.

"Children, this is Dawn. My daughter. She'll be working here now so make sure to treat her with a lot of respect. Now, she doesn't go by a number like everyone else. You guys can call her Ms. Dawn." My dad smiles at all the children as they greet me with
"Hi Ms. Dawn."

What does he have to smile about?
"Dad can I talk to you alone?" I push his arm off and go into the hall.
He follows me and looks at me with that "honey what's wrong" face.

"Dad I don't want to work here, I don't want to live here. I want to go home. Can I please go home?"

"Dawn, you can't. Once you're here you can't leave. This is your home now." He tries putting his hands on my shoulders but I push him.
"Why can't I go home? Why do I have to stay?" I'm getting more frustrated the more I look at him.

"Because you've seen this place, now I can't let you leave. Who knows who you could tell? And I can't jeopardize all I've built here. This place will grow on you." He smiles and kisses my forehead forcefully then walks away.

I go back to the cafeteria because it's my new job to look after the kids. I hope that's all my job is, I don't want in on what my father does. Is there a way to stop it?

"Hi Ms. Dawn, how are you today?" One of the children asks when I walk in.
"I'm good, how are you?" I smile down at him. This small child, he's adorable.
I get sad thinking about how he should be with his family, they all should be.
"I'm good too, cookie?" He offers me the cookie from his tray.
"No thank you. You eat it." I pat his shoulder then go to stand next to 001.

"You seem very uncomfortable." 001 looks my way and leans down slightly.
"Yeah I am. When my dad said I was gonna start working with him I was expecting a mechanic shop or something. Or at least something that other dads do, something that normal dads do. Come to find out this whole time my dad has been kidnapping and testing on little kids." I reply with a frustrated tone.
I just can't wrap my head around everything.

"I am deeply sorry about everything." 001 apologizes
"You didn't do anything, and I'm sure you don't wanna be here either." I nod.
"No I don't, but once you're here, you can't get out." His eyes saddened when he said that.
I wonder how long he's been stuck here, I don't wanna ask because I might hit a sore spot.

The day drags, I spent a lot of time with the kids. Playing games with them and talking with them. They're all so sweet, and they all seem to love me already. I don't know why, but they do.
I take my white suit off and change into shorts and a shirt and just lay down. Staring at these walls, nothing on them. Just plain white walls. Are the children's rooms like this? Are they allowed to have posters or toys?
I shut my eyes to try to sleep, I don't want to make myself upset thinking about it.