14

Me henry and the kids make it outside, we find the parking lot where the vans my dad used to pick up the kids are parked.
"Keys." I put my hand out and Henry hands me the keys.
I start the car as he puts the children in the back of the van, I watch him gently place his hand on every child's lower back as they climb up into the van.

He's good with kids, it makes me smile even knowing what I know about him now.

"Okay, let's get out of here." Henry gets in the passenger and I drive off as fast as I could.
Henry holds the map up telling me where to go until we reach the neighborhood where the kids are from.

We drop each kid off, not going in their houses cause we won't know what to say when their parents ask where their child has been.
"Thank you Ms. Dawn, thank you Mr. Creel." the kids say sweetly on their way out the van and they run to their door rapidly knocking.

~
Once all the kids are dropped off Henry says he'll drive so I let him. I don't know where to go now anyway.
The car ride is silent, I hear Henry sigh every once in awhile like he wants to say something he just doesn't.

~
After two hours of driving we arrive at an apartment building.
Henry gets out of the van and opens my door, he lends his hand out for me to grab and I do.. as soon as my hand touches his I feel the electricity I felt the first time we touched. I know I should be scared of him, most people would be.. but he's still the only person I trust now.

He walks me into the building, up a flight of stairs and we stop at a door.
He opens it and lets me walk in first.

"Your father does not know of this place, it's my secret apartment. No one knows about it except me and now you."
Henry explains as he kicks his shoes off and unbuttons his shirt halfway.

"Even if your dad finds this place I'll keep you safe. Promise." He smiles gently before leaving to another room, his bedroom I assume.

A few minutes later he comes out changed into a casual outfit and with a small pile of clothes in his hands.

"I don't have any women's clothes but I figure you don't wanna stay in that suit anymore so here's some of mine. I'll be in my room, take your time changing."
He hands me a pair of sweatpants and a black t shirt.

I change as fast as I can, this suit stinks of that place and I don't wanna be wearing it for another second.

"I'm done." I call out and Henry walks out of his room.

He sits on the couch and looks at me admiringly.
"Sit with me?" He pats the cushion next to the one he's sitting on.