9

(Back to Dawns POV)
" The kids are going to the white room, we have an hour of break before we have to watch them again. I can take the tracker out now if you're up for it."

"Yes, let's go." Henry leads me to my own room and locks us in.
"So, I snuck into the medical center and took a scalpel. It's gonna hurt a lot Henry. You sure?"
"Big picture love, once this tracker is out we can work on getting out of here. I'm sure." Henry gives me a reassuring smile.

"Okay, bite down on something hard."
He takes off his belt and bites down on it.
"Alright, here I go okay?"
He nods.

I dig the scalpel into his neck, he grunts and pants, it makes me feel bad.
The tracker is so deep into his skin I have to keep digging.
"Okay it's out, now I just have to stitch you up."
Henry drops the belt from his mouth and sighs.
"Okay, that I can handle. I've had a lot of stitches in my life.

I stitch him back up, I use a string that's somewhat transparent so no one can tell he has them unless they look really close.
"Done." I put everything away and give Henry some water.

"I stocked up this time. I've got more waters in my mini fridge." I smile, Henry chuckles and drinks the water rapidly.
"Is this the first water you've had today?" I ask.
"Yeah, I just haven't had time to drink anything really."
"Here, drink another one. We've got time before we have to go back to the kids." I hand him another water, he drinks that one almost just as fast.

"Thank you for taking the tracker out."
"You're getting out Henry, you and me are going. Together. I'm sorry it hurt so bad." I make a wince face at him.

"It's alright, now we can make a plan to get out of here. I'm thinking the basement. It's the only place with an unguarded exit. Problem is there's guards in front of the basement door. If we can take care of them and hurry, we could all get out that way." Henry leans against the pillow and sighs, he seems relieved with a mixture of stress.

"Take care of them? How?"
"If we can't distract them away from the door long enough, we'll have to kill them." Henry said so easily, it just rolled of his tongue.

"Excuse me, kill them?"
He looks at me in a regretful way, he's regretting saying that in front of me.
"Dawn, if we want out of here we're gonna have to do things that we don't want to. But remember, big picture. You only see what's right in front of you, you need to expand your sight to what's ahead." Henry puts his hand on my cheek.

I don't know how I feel about what he just said, has he killed before? I haven't, I don't know if I could. I guess if I was provoked maybe.

"It's time for us to get back go work, don't worry love. All will be well." Henry picks up my hand and kisses it before leaving my room.