7

(Still Henry's POV)
We finish the day, we put the kids in their rooms and headed to our own.
I want to go see Dawn but I don't know if I should. What if she's already sleeping and I wake her?
You know what, it won't hurt to try. I want to see her.
I walk through the cold dark halls until I reach her room.
I knock, almost immediately there's an answer. Almost as if she was waiting for me.

"Hey." She softly greets, I walk in her room and sit down in the chair.
"Oh, please sit on the bed. It's more comfy and you're body is hurting. You can even lay if you like."
Is Dawn an angel? Or am I just not used to people being kind to me?
Since I was a kid I've been an outcast, then I got dragged to this place.
I sit on her bed, I want to lay down but I feel intrusive.
"I promise it's okay to lay down. Here." Dawn moves her blankets and places her hand on the back of my head and she gently pushes me down onto her pillow.
"There." She smiled.
Its like she knew I was overthinking laying down.

"Thank you. I won't stay long I'll get back to my room soon. I just wanted to see you."
When I say that her face slightly lights up. Did she want to see me too?
"No no, you can stay in here as long as you'd like."

" Dawn, you're right. We need to get out of here. I can't take the abuse anymore." Why do I want to cry? I never cry, I never let anyone see my tears.
Dawn sits on the edge of the bed, again gently placing her hands on me but this time on my chest. She's affectionate.

"We are going to get out. I know how to get the tracker out but it's gonna hurt. I wanted to do a less painful way but I can't think of any."
" I'm up for anything, I just need out." I put my hand on hers and squeeze a little.
She looks at my hand on hers and squeezes back.

"So when do you want me to take it out." She breaks the silence. She's nervous, her hand is getting sweaty. I can tell she's just trying to talk so we don't talk about what's going on between us but there's clearly something.
"Tonight? No, tomorrow night. I don't want any more pain tonight."
"Okay, tomorrow then." Dawn let's go of my hand and starts to get up.

"Dawn." I say her name and suddenly, I can't hold my tears in anymore.