10

(Later that night)

My door rattles from a knock, must be Henry. This has been a common thing now, he comes to my room often.
I open the door and he has the biggest smile on his face.
"Hey, I stole some ice cream from the kitchen." He proudly holds up two tubs of ice cream. I laugh and let him in.

"Which flavor, I've got strawberry and chocolate."
"Strawberry."
"You like strawberry over chocolate?" Henry says in a playful "I can't believe you" voice.
"What, it's good." I laugh.

"It's been awhile since I've had ice cream." I take a bite and let the flavor melt into my tongue.
"Well, when we get out of here I'll give you all the ice cream you want." He bumps his shoulder against mine.
We sit here just eating our ice cream, we don't talk too much but the silence is comfortable.

Once we finish eating I assume he has to go but he doesn't.
"Hey, lay down." He says.
"Okay." I don't know what for but I do it.
Once I lay down he lays on top of me and wraps himself around me.
His arms around my waist, i wrap mine around his neck and straddle my legs around his hips.

"What's this for?" I ask, not that I mind. I like when he gets cuddly.
"I just like being with you, you've shown me affection that no one else has, affection I've been craving. And now I can't get enough of your gentle touch." Henry snuggles his face into my neck, I feel his smile against my skin which makes me smile.

I wanna ask what he meant by what he said the other night, about maybe having to kill the guards. but I don't care what he's done in the past, this is now.

We stay like this four almost an hour just talking about our interests and what we're gonna do when we get out.
"I wanna have a normal job." Henry says with a sad tone.
"You'll get a normal job, we just gotta get out first." I stroke his hair.

"Speaking of, tomorrow I'm gonna steal the address book for all the kids, that way we know where to take them. I'll also talk to the kids and get them on board with escaping." Henry gets up and looks at me. "I've gotta go, guards will be doing a room check soon. See you tomorrow." He kisses my head before walking out.