Chapter 5

Please be advised that the content may include themes of sexual harassment, rape, abuse, violence, blood, alcohol, smoking, and other inappropriate material for children. There may also be depictions of fighting and starvation. Any other sensitive content will be flagged to you before it is presented in the story.

Previously

Both Luffy and Himeko engage in grinding the D grin. Himeko expresses her gratitude by stating, 'That would be nice, thanks,' as she settles on the stool. Luffy follows by saying, 'Yeah! Just put it on my treasure tab!' while taking a seat on the stool next to Himeko, who is seated beside Shanks.

Shanks, the redhead, appeared to be amused as he flashed a wide grin that did not waver from his face. 'Treasure tap? Do not attempt to deceive the lady,' he advised Luffy, the young boy seated beside him with a fork and spoon in hand. 'I intend to become a pirate, discover abundant treasure, and then return to repay her!' Luffy declared with determination. Meanwhile, Himeko, Luffy's twin sister, paid no mind to their discussion and patiently awaited their meal. Makino, the benevolent woman who owned the bar, responded with a gentle smile as she prepared their food, exclaiming, 'HA HA HA! We shall celebrate upon your homecoming.' Himeko reciprocated with a soft smile, while her brother emitted a light chuckle, 'Hee Hee.' As Makino served their meals, Himeko ate gracefully and promptly, contrasting with her brother's habit of speaking before finishing chewing. 'Shanks...' Luffy uttered, taking a bite of his steak using the fork.

"Shanks," Luffy inquired while consuming a piece of steak with his fork.

"Yeah, kid ?" Shanks responded, also in the midst of chewing his meal. Luffy posed the query that both he and Himeko were curious about, "How much longer do you plan to remain?"

Himeko expressed disapproval, instructing, "Please refrain from speaking while eating," as she gently wiped Luffy's face with a napkin. The two adults shared a tender smile at the connection between the siblings.

Following her caution and ministration, Luffy resumed his meal, gazing at Shanks expectantly, awaiting a response. Shanks flashed a smile and shared, "Well... considering we have been utilizing this village as our headquarters for approximately a year... we intend to depart permanently and journey northwards. Perhaps after two or three additional voyages."

"Understood," the boy acknowledged with a tinge of disappointment but attempted to conceal it by consuming a large mouthful of meat from his fork. Himeko lowered her gaze, focusing more on her own meal. On this occasion, she refrained from admonishing her brother to eat properly or to refrain from speaking while eating. She recognized that he was feeling disheartened just as much as she was.

Showing disappointment, the boy attempted to conceal it by consuming a large portion of meat from the fork. Himeko lowered her gaze, focusing on her meal. This time, she refrained from reminding her brother to eat properly or not speak while eating. She understood his despondency, mirroring her own feelings. As they grew accustomed to the captain and his crew, moments of solitude became more apparent. Fortunately, they had each other, yet it was valuable to converse with someone, particularly when he imparted sword techniques to her. Despite the redhead's preference for revelry and drinking, he exhibited patience in instructing her, for which she was genuinely grateful. 'Two or three more trips, hm?' mused Luffy, his cheeks filled with food. Observing the sorrowful yet composed demeanor of the despondent twin, Makino smiled softly, tinged with sadness, and let out a gentle sigh.

Whilst Himeko was deep in thought, she smiled faintly, still savoring her meal. Nearby, Luffy's expression brightened with unwavering resolve as he declared, 'I will acquire the skill of swimming before your departure.' Shanks, engrossed in his meal, responded, 'That's commendable, young one. Pursue your goals.' As the group reveled in their camaraderie over food and drinks, the tranquility was abruptly interrupted by the forceful entrance of unwelcome visitors who kicked open the door, causing it to shatter upon impact with the floor. The menacing group, bearing wicked grins, strode in confidently. Their leader, announcing their arrival with arrogance, proclaimed, 'Behold the terror of the  scourge of the mountains!' His smirk widened deviously as he taunted, 'Huh, so you claim to be pirates, do you? You appear to be a pitiful bunch from where I stand.' The pirate crew remained silent, their gaze fixed on the bandits as they advanced towards the counter.