Home pt 1

Jason pov-
I was excited and nervous to see my family again.

It had been 4 years since I joined the military, and close to 2 since I was deported to fight a war in another country. I was now 22, which would make my brothers be 18, 19, and 26, and my adoptive father be 48.

For the last 6 hours, I've been on a huge plane with the soldiers I was with, the boys I fought with and lived with, and I had become close with them. Everyone in my team had survived the war, and I had personally made sure of it.

I wondered how my family would react to seeing me again, if they'd missed me. I had left on bad terms with Bruce -not unusual- but the fight we'd had been a lot worse than it normally was. The fight had ended with Bruce kicking me out of the manor, giving me a scar on my left cheekbone, a black eye, and me cussing him out and threatening to kill him if he dared to go after Dick, Tim, and Damian, and leaving him with a lot of things to think about.

I never heard from him again.

But, I had said goodbye to my brothers and Alfred before leaving Wayne manor and slamming the door behind me and speeding off into the night with all of my stuff. After I got to my safe house on my side of the city, I had sorted all of my stuff out into piles, Roy with me, and sent my brothers some of my stuff.

Damian got a hoodie, my guitar and the things that went with it, my art set that I used sometimes, though it was still like new, and a photo of him and I from when I took care of him at the League of Assassin's.

Tim got a few of my hoodies and some of my other clothes that I knew would fit him, my books, and my blank journals, and my gun, along with the keys to my safe house and an address to it, and I had given him a photo of the two of us, and I'd given him my set of vintage pens and ink to write with.

Golden Boy had also got a photo, my oversized hoodies, the keys to my truck, and my journals that I had, which was a huge box of them. I've been writing in them ever since I was 3, when I learned to write. I had wrote about all the abuse and disgusting things my father, Willis Todd, had done to me and my mom and paid his friends to do to me, and everything up until I had left for the military. I also put my mother's journals in there with mine because I trusted him to keep them safe for me till I got back, and I had spent all night and numbered every single book, labeling which ones were Mom's and which were mine, and I had wrote him a long ass letter that was like, 5 pages long and full of me apologizing for everything I had ever done, who I'd become, all the mistakes and choices I'd made, and for being a bad brother to him and the little two.

I'd written everyone in the Wayne family a letter, Dick and Alfred's being the longest, Bruce's the smallest, though his I made sure would hit him square in the heart. All of the letter were over 2 pages though.

For Roy, my beloved boyfriend and best friend, I told him that my surprise for him was coming home to celebrate my coming home to him.

But, I had asked him to be my boyfriend on his birthday, which just happened to be today.

No one knew I was coming home today, but they knew I was alive.

I was broke out of my thoughts by Royal, my black wolf, crawling into my lap.

Yes, I said a black wolf.

I had rescued Royal when I was on a mission in the woods, and I had run across a female wolf giving birth to her pups, but there had been a group of poachers trying to kill her and the puppies. They had already killed the father and the pack, and the mom wasn't far from dying. I had killed the men, and I looked back to see all of the puppies dead, and her having a contraction and birthing one more pup into the bloody snow.