Chapter Six - Facing your fears

Jack tossed and turned restlessly in his bed. The pain in his side wasn't making it any easier to fall asleep. All he kept thinking about was tomorrow, would he have the courage to stand up to his old teacher and declare a dojo sparing match? Would his old sensei accept the challenge, or would everyone.....? Jack sat up in frustration, could he really put his fiends in danger just to save his own skin? He slowly pulled himself out of the bed and walked quietly down the stairs. It felt weird to be in Kim's house, he figured she wouldn't mind if he grabbed a glass of water. He was very surprised to see Kim sitting in the living watching a blank television screen.
"Kim?" He whispered

"Yeah?" she sighed. Jack sat down next her and placed his arm over her shoulder. She reacted by snuggling into his chest.

"Are you really sure about this Kim?" Jack asked

"I am Jack. I can't let you fight this alone...""But Kim it's about me, they want me. Not our dojo, our friends or you. The Red Scorpions are no joke. They don't show mercy, not even to a girl...""Yeah!" Kim snapped.

"Sorry but you get my point right?" Jack sighed he leaned over and kissed her forehead. "I'm going alone tomorrow. And that's final! I'm sorry but I can't bear see you hurt, I kind of like your appearance the way you are now. I'll never forgive myself if you or the other warriors got hurt for me."

"But jack I..."

"Sorry Kim, I have been thinking through this and the only way is for me to confront them. I have been running away from his long enough. Your past eventually catches up with you. I have to face it or....""Don't say that!" Kim cried out. She pulled away from his warm loving embraced and jumped up. "Remember Jack. 'We swear by the light of the dragon's eye to be loyal, honest and NEVER say DIE!"

"Wasabi!" Jack finished "I get it Kim. Like I say I'm sorry. Can we finish this conversation tomorrow?"

"FINE. But we aren't finished Jack." Kim smiled she sat back down with him and snuggled back into his embrace relaxed in his arms, she looked into his beautiful eyes just as he leaned over and kissed her passionately on the lips. With a smile they both sat watching the television. Within moments they fell asleep together.

Kim stretched and opened her sleepy eyes. Yawning her head off, she looked to where Jack is... was....!"Jack?" She asked looking around the room. She reached over and turned the still running TV off. On the table she noticed a note; it had rushed handwriting scribbled onto it. Kim recognized the handwriting even through the sloppiness it was defiantly Jack's handwriting. She picked it up and quickly read what it said.

Kim,

I'm sorry,

I've gone to the dojo. I shall sort out this mess, like I should have done in the first place.

Please don't come after me, it's too dangerous, and like I kept saying I can't bear to see you hurt.

No matter happens just know that..... God this is hard.

I LOVE YOU KIM. 

Always have since I first meet you and I always will.

Lots of love,

Jack 

x

A  few tears escaped from her eyes smudging the ink in several places. She dropped the letter and let it float to the floor. Wiping her tears away, she ran to her room flinging on the closest clothes within her reach, not caring if they didn't go together. She threw her hair into a quick ponytail and ran out her front door. Grabbing her bike she made her way to the Wasabi dojo as soon as she could. I need back up She thought.