Betrayal

Betrayal

He's way too good for me. That thought had crossed my mind so many times but this time it's different... My boyfriend Danny and I had been in a relationship for two years now and honestly, I was more than happy with him. It's just that I keep messing up his life and I make things so complicated for him. For example, I'm not a very outgoing person and I'm very shy. I'm also so emotionally damaged and my life is a mess. He works so hard for me. I just don't deserve someone so perfect. He can have any perfect model he wants, yet he chooses for some strange girl from England who can't even handle her own problems. I have to do this. I have to release him from all my problems. There's no turning back now.

I take a deep breath and walk towards the living room. I see Danny drinking a cup of tea while enjoying a football match. My couching causes him to stand up. "Hey, are you alright?" He asks. His adorable smile makes this even harder. "Yes. Well no... Not really." I sigh. "What's wrong baby?" I could see how much he cared about me. "I... I have to tell you something."

"What? What is it?" He asks worried. "I can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean...?" I knew that he was aware of where this conversation was going, yet he still asks what I mean because he thinks he's wrong. I hate to say it but he wasn't wrong. "Us. I'm not good for you."

"Yes you are! I lov.." "-I know what you want to say," I interrupt him. "And I love you too but be honest to yourself, Daniel. You know you can have so much more than what we have right now. And that's why I can't do this. You put so much effort in me, yet I can't give you the things you've always wanted." Tears were streaming down my face. Damn, this is way harder than I thought it would be.

"But you are my everything!" He says. He was broken. "You know better than that... Save yourself from the heartbreak. Go now before it's too late." I say. I really didn't mean to quote his own song but it just seemed so appropriate. "What makes you think that I am going to give up on you so easily?"

"Because I kissed someone else" That was obviously a lie. I would never do that to him. But you still said it. A voice in my head whispered. Yes, I did indeed say it but I know that if I didn't, he'd never let me go. He has to realize that I am no good for him. "Walk away, Danny. Go and have a great life. Go and find your perfect girl who can give you the things that I never could." He tries to grab my hand but it's too late. I feel the adrenaline from my sadness flowing through my body. I wish that this goodbye was as beautiful as they were in movies but of course that wasn't the case. Instead of saying anything, I ran away. God knows where.

And that was it. I just broke his heart. I was crying harder than ever. When I arrived at a park, I finally allowed my feet to stop running and I fell down in the grass. I honestly didn't care if anyone would see me like this.

"Woah, what's wrong?" I quickly open my eyes and see Mark's worried face. I must have fallen asleep. "Danny and I. That's what's wrong." I say coldly. It felt like I had cried all the emotion out of my body. "What do you mean? What happened?" I sigh and tell him the whole story, except the part that I lied about kissing someone else.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" "Yes, I do," I reply. "I've betrayed the one person who I loved most. I broke his heart. Now I'm ready to allow mine to break."

A/N: Hey so I have read so many fanfictions where Danny was always the one who betrayed the other and I just couldn't bare to even think that he would do that so yeah... I hope you enjoyed reading this! Xxx Roos