Chapter One - Alone.

Alone in her bedroom, a girl was sleeping silently.

Bzzzt.. Bzzzzzzzzzt...

A light in the girl's bedroom flickered on. The girl rubbed her eyes and opened her eyelids, confused. Without a sound, she slowly moved up off her cosy bed and lifted her blind up, looking out the window. It was still dark outside, the moon was glowing in the surrounding dark blue abyss. 
"Stupid electricity," she muttered to herself. The girl figured it was just early morning and didn't bother to check her phone. After lowering her blind, she walked to her bedroom door and tugged at the handle, opening the door. She tip-toe'd down the stairs, barefoot and dressed in a pair of lilac pajamas. On her way down the stairs, she let out a yawn and quickened her pace.

Once she reached the bottom of the staircase, the black-haired girl walked over to her kitchen. A mess of unclean bowls, plates, glasses and cutlery were placed on her countertops and the sink was overfilling with even more plates and bowls. There were also many empty glass bottles stood together on the end of one counter. She walked over to a clean and tidy table (compared to the rest of her kitchen), her bare feet pressing into the cold tile flooring beneath her. The girl pulled a bowl out of a nearby cabinet as well as a box of cereal. "Moo's Milk Flakes" was the name on the box. She poured the cereal into her bowl and grabbed a spoon from a drawer underneath the table. She started eating the breakfast, her head resting on her hand. This cereal is literal shit. But, it's the only thing I have in my cupboards so I'm gonna have to eat it... The girl eventually finished her disgusting food and placed the empty bowl on a nearby stack. She sighed as she slammed her head into the marble table. Then, she heard the sound of a letter dropping through her letter box. I didn't think the postmen were out at this time... 

She got up from the table and made her way towards her front door. A small envelope with a black seal and no words to say who it was addressed to lay on her doormat, directly below her letter box. The girl opened it and read the letter in her head. 

Hello, [name of reader],
(Yes, that is literally what is said)
You have been invited to a gathering with 14 others. The gathering will be a fun, happy environment where you can meet new friends and talk with other people that you usually wouldn't speak to! This event might take a full 24 hours or more, so bring everything ideal for that amount of time! (Only items allowed are: one toothbrush, toothpaste, one phone, the clothes you arrive in and a small snack. All items must be kept in a small bag- except the clothes.)The address is 5 Lueone Avenue, should you choose to come.

Kind regards, 

No name was given. The letter ended there. Sighing once more, the girl placed the letter on her doormat once more and walked back upstairs. She brushed her teeth, got dressed, brushed her long black hair and put on a pair of black boots. She was wearing a white collared crop top and a pair of denim jeans with a black belt and garter. She had a thin red necklace around her neck and her ears had a few silver jewelry pieces in. The girl picked up her phone and a pair of headphones and, without checking the time, turned her music on, walked back down the stairs and left, locking the door upon exit. 

She walked happily down the street- which was dead quiet- smiling and nodding her head to the beat of her music. There was nobody awake, no cars driving past and the only sound that could be heard was the taps of her shoes rhythmically hitting the floor and the soft breeze whisling throughout her town. At one point, she didn't really know where to go, so she unlocked her phone and opened her GPS app for directions. Then, it hit her, right in the head. 5 Lueone Avenue was her town's supposedly 'haunted' abandoned house! Why would anyone want to host a gathering there?  She continued walking, however, until she arrived at the location, thinking nothing of it.

The house was practically falling apart: paint was peeling off the bricks, some of which had crumbled off of the building, revealing the rotting wooden infrastructure beneath it. The walls were cracked; there were cobwebs in every corner the eye could see; a foul stench wafted around it; the façade of the building was almost entirely broken in some way, one of the door's hinges was broken too, leaving it hanging lopsided. The awful aroma could only be smelt when up close, luckily, but wait- is that blood?

Everything immediately went dark.