Chapter 3

Days had passed since the first challenge and things had been going pretty smoothly. Sure the two would bicker occasionally, but it wasn't that bad.

It was night and the class got permission to finally walk to places around the inn. Of course, Todoroki had to drag Bakugou to the soba place he wanted to go to.

"Why don't we just go to a curry place? "

"No. We already agreed on Soba. You basically promised."

Bakugou turned his face away and a bit of pink was shown on his cheeks.

"It wasn't a fucking promise, you were acting like a baby so I decided we could go."

"Sure."

The walk was silent and kind of awkward. Were Todoroki and Bakugou friends? Whenever Todoroki walks with Deku it is never this awkward. Todoroki wanted to start conversation.

"Ah-"

Bakugou looks at Todoroki.

"Look, were almost there." Todoroki points at the restaurant and walks ahead. He wasn't used to the silence. Bakugou started to run up to him.

"Don't speed ahead of me Idiot."

They entered the restaurant and got showed to their booth. Todoroki was so excited.

"Lets hurry this up, yeah?" Bakugou was a bit calm tonight, but still had his attitude with Todoroki.

"Don't rush me. You should try something too."

Bakugou rolled his eyes and started to look at the menu.

"Soba, soba, and even more soba."

"Great right?" Todoroki said smiling while looking at the menu too.

Bakuou laughed and continued to look at the menu. Suddenly, he got a call. He looked at his phone and rolled his eyes at it.

"Dad whad'ya want? I said im fine."

"I'm out right now."

"With who?" Bakugou looks at Todoroki. Todoroki looks up from his menu and meets Bakugous eyes.

"Uh"

"My uh"

"My friend."

Todorokis eyes widened and he dropped his menu. Bakugous whole face reddened.

"WHATEVER BYE DAD."

He shoved his phone in his pocket and avoided eye contact.

"My friend." Echoed in Todorokis head. He finally admitted they're friends! Todoroki wanted to make fun of him, but he was gonna use this ammo for another time.

"Are you two ready to order?" The waitress asked.

Todoroki nodded and told her what he wanted. He looked at Bakugou and said,

"What are you going to get?"

Bakugou was way too embarrassed to even say anything.

"He'll take what i'm getting."

"Ok then!" The waitress walked away leaving Bakugou and Todoroki. It wasn't AS awkward as Todoroki thought it'd be. Its just, they didn't talk.

After they ate it was time to leave. Bakugou was quickly walking ahead.

"So-"

"Can-it freezer burn."

"You're still calling me names?" Todoroki catches up to Bakugou and walks in front of him. "Even though we're friends?" Bakugous entire face reddens and he shoves Todoroki out of the way.

"YOU MISHEARD ME."

Todoroki grabs Bakugous hand.

"No I didn't. We're friends."

Bakugou yanks his hand out of Todorokis grasp and says,

"Tell ANYBODY this and your face will be blown up."

Todoroki starts to giggle, but that giggle soon turns into a full on laugh.

Bakugous face couldn't get any redder. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and starts mumbling insults and swear words. Being Bakugous friend was more fun than Todoroki had thought.

"Sorry." Todoroki says as he finally stops laughing. Bakugou glances at him and grunts.

It was the next morning and there was no training today. Instead, they were told to meet at the main hall. They didn't know why, but didn't question it. The two were walking side by side together and Todorokis nose was getting red. He rarely ever gets colds, so this was surprising. He sneezes and snuggles his face into his jacket. Bakugou looks up at him and rolls his eyes.

"Idiot, just because your quirk has ice doesn't mean you wont get sick when its cold. You're useless to me if you're sick." He takes off his scarf and puts it on Todoroki.

"Huh?" Todorokis face heats up. Totally forgetting about his incoming cold. Bakugou just wrapped his scarf around me. He cared. The blush goes to his ears. He wondered if it were Midoriya instead of Bakugou, would he do the same?

"Your face is completely red. Are ya comin down with somethin?" Bakugou puts his hand on Todorokis forehead. Making Todorokis whole body red.

"Man you're weird." Bakugou walks ahead of Todoroki, but not too far ahead.

Maybe I am weird. Todoroki thinks while cupping his cheeks to get the blush to wear off. He calms down and catches up to Bakugou.

They finally arrived at the hall and the rest of the class was just lounging around in comfy clothes and hot chocolate.

"Hah? Is this like a fucking hangout or somethin?"

Todoroki shrugged, he was also confused too.

Uraraka looked up and saw Todoroki. She made her way over and grabbed Todoroki and Bakugous hands.

"Hey! We were waiting for you two!" She smiles brightly. Bakugou takes his hand away. "Whad'ya want round face?" Uraraka pouts at the name he called her, she grabbed his hand again and said, "We're all watching a movie!" She drags them both to the couch and they join the rest of their friends.

Bakugou sits with his friend group and Todoroki sits with his. Though, Todoroki doesn't know why, but he wishes they stuck together. They've been getting along as of recently. He sneaks a glance at him from the other side of the couch and zones out.

Todorokis definitely acting weird. Maybe he's getting sick after all.

After the movie everyone's just been drinking hot chocolate and chatting.

"So, Todoroki! Hows it with you and Bakugou?" Uraraka asks. Todoroki takes a sip from his hot cocoa and says,

"Fine."

"Thats good!" Deku chimed in.

"We went to the soba place around here."

"He called me his friend."

Uraraka, Iida, and Deku all dropped their cups.

"FOR REAL?" They all asked in sync. They couldn't believe the brash, rude, and unfriendly Bakugou would say that. Especially to Todoroki, whose been trying to get Bakugou to be his friend.

Todoroki nods and continues drinking his drink.

"Are you sure you didn't mishear?" Uraraka asks, unsure.

"Maybe you misunderstood?" Iida wonders.

"No."

"He said he'd blow my head off if I told anyone."

"Now THAT sounds like Kacchan." Deku says laughing.

They then began to talk about other things and the day was over. He met up with Bakugou outside as they said goodbye to their friends.

They were walking side by side without mouthing a word. It was silent, but not an awkward silence like last night. Todoroki smiled. They were definitely friends now.