001 | 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆

[TRIGGER] WARNINGS: SELF-HARM, MENTAL ILLNESS THEMES OR SCENES!!!
Mentions of SUICIDE, MURDER, BLOOD, DEATH/DYING & SWEARING!!!

[TRIGGER] WARNINGS: SELF-HARM, MENTAL ILLNESS THEMES OR SCENES!!!Mentions of SUICIDE, MURDER, BLOOD, DEATH/DYING & SWEARING!!!

|HOPE|

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life?
Like you're not really happy but you don't want to die.
Like you're hanging by a thread, but you gotta survive.

•◉◓☆◓◉•

YEAR: 2351 ⌋ 275 YEARS LATER | AGE: + 1 MILLION YEARS OLD

        The alleyway was shrouded in darkness, the only illumination coming from flickering streetlights and the moonlight casting long, eerie shadows. My nimble fingers closed around the cold metal of the assault rifle; a weapon recovered from the lifeless grip of a government-hired assassin.

I had been ambushed not moments before; I had just succeeded in dismantling a human trafficking ring as a mission in the city I was in, but I was attacked by those hunters from the government.

They never stopped hunting me. Nor did I stop from helping people even just a bit.

Now, with the assassin's body at my feet, with haste, I rummaged through the assailant's garb, seeking any trace of surveillance or tracking devices. In the dim light, my hand darted into pockets and bags. I took out a small syringe from one of the pockets, its amber, fiery hue catching the glow of distant streetlamps.

It was a drug named Somnus. It is an amber liquid that is injected via a syringe and has the effect of rendering the victim unconscious for long periods of time which are days through a week. It can cause the person to regain consciousness at certain points, but their body is not awake. They are trapped within a prison of immobility, but can hear, smell, and feel everything that is being done to them. When the effects finally wear off, the body remains paralyzed for hours before finally recovering fully.

It bore the insignia of BioThera, a chilling reminder of the power they held over me and those horrible experiments.

They never forgot about me. And I never forgot about them.

With a decisive toss, I sent the syringe colliding against the wall, its fragile vessel shattering into a kaleidoscope of shards, its contents spilling onto the pavement. The acrid scent of its contents mingled with the blood and the lingering stench of the alley, assaulting my senses. The threat was neutralized, I turned my attention to the fallen assailant. No tracking device was found, yet paranoia gnawed at the edges of my mind.