006 | 𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

Mentions of PANIC ATTACK, VIOLENCE, BLOOD, MURDER, SWEARING!!!

|RECKONING|

Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.

•◉◓☆◓◉•

        "Suck my—"

The announcer's voice cut me off, calling for Junior's opponent to arrive. The blaring speakers were silenced as I sensed a distant energy behind me. Turning, I saw an old, nerdy man approaching, perhaps in his forties or fifties.

His light beige skin was smooth, complemented by neatly combed, short black hair. His black eyes, round and serene, exuded a calm and somewhat absent-minded expression behind glasses. A small, gentle smile lent his face an air of benign simplicity. He was dressed in a simple white button shirt and black pants, but he seemed vastly out of place in the martial arts arena.

I stepped aside, my eyes lingering on him as he walked past me. As he entered the ring, the speakers blared again, announcing his presence. "Ladies and gentlemen, Hero has arrived! Get ready, this sure will be an amazing battle!"

The crowd's excitement surged, their cheers growing louder in anticipation of the showdown between Junior and Hero. Hero apologized for his tardiness, explaining that he had lost his way. I would raise an eyebrow; he seemed like a goofy man just trying to live his life from my perspective while the other fighters beside me exchanged glances, their faces mirroring my own skepticism.

While I watched him, I sensed a familiar energy as Goku approached us. Krillin raised an eyebrow, curiosity lacing his tone. "Hey, where have you been?" 

Goku, standing next to us, smiled sheepishly. "Oh, something. I'll tell ya later," he answered before falling silent. Tenshinhan's curiosity was piqued as he glanced at Goku, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Something, huh?" he repeated, a hint of skepticism in his voice.

Krillin chuckled at Goku's vague answer. "Classic Goku," he teased. "Always keeping secrets."

"Is that so?" I interjected, my tone tinged with curiosity and skepticism about Goku's sudden disappearance. I glanced at Goku, noting the surprise on everyone's faces as they turned to me. Goku, Tenshinhan, and Krillin couldn't help but react to my sudden interest in the conversation, while Yamcha regarded me with a hint of curiosity.