𝐑 - 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 | 3

[TRIGGER] WARNINGS:
MENTIONS of DEATH, SLAVERY, WARFARE, KIDNAPPED, GORE, VIOLENCE, and BLOOD!!!

[TRIGGER] WARNINGS:MENTIONS of DEATH, SLAVERY, WARFARE, KIDNAPPED, GORE, VIOLENCE, and BLOOD!!!

|PROMISE|

People with good intentions make promises.
People with good character keep them.

•◉◓☆◓◉•

        "Jiro, I understand it is a lot to take in, however, believe me, I'm not being absurd," I asserted, my tone firm, attempting to anchor my words in the certainty of my validity. His eyes widened, freezing in place like a statue. The revelation hung heavy between us, the suspense thickening with every heartbeat. My heart quickened, anxiety bubbling as the silence lingered, but I allowed him the time he needed. His mind seemed to grapple with a whirlwind of thoughts.

The night air, crisp and cold, caressed my face as I let out a slow exhale. Jiro blinked several times, finally breaking his silence. "Elaborate," he demanded, his voice maintaining its monotone stoicism and carrying an undertone of curiosity. His strong mentality and Jiro's willingness to engage and to take the time to understand rather than dismiss me outright impressed me.

"I cannot die, age, or get ill," I explained, meeting his gaze with sincerity. "Are you truly immortal? You cannot die or be injured?" Jiro questioned, skepticism creasing his features.

"I can be injured, however I can heal my wounds."

Jiro's disbelief morphed into a slightly irritated skepticism. "Heal? Recover from injuries? That sounds unbelievable," he stated, his doubt etched in the furrow of his brows. I felt a twinge of irritation, but I kept my composure, understanding his reaction was typical for people to react to this. "I'll show you," I declared, narrowing my eyes.

My hand reached for the hilt of my sword, moonlight dancing off the glistening blade. I drew the sword and brought it to my arm, taking a deep breath before slashing it. A sharp grunt escaped me as blood flowed from the deep wound, painting a stark contrast against the night.

Jiro flinched, taking a step forward in concern. His movement halted as he watched my injured arm knit itself back together, the deep wound on my arm mended, the skin sealing seamlessly, leaving no trace of the injury. No scars remained, and the blood on my arm dried up. It was my concrete proof, a display of my immortality.

"You're immortal, and I've seen things, but your arm... it's like you've never been injured." Jiro's words hung in the air, his eyes tracing my arm—no scars, no sign of infection. Curiosity and astonishment danced across his features as he tentatively asked, "How... I apologize, Major, for asking this... How old are you?"