005 | 𝑪𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒔𝒕

[TRIGGER] WARNINGS: Mentions of SCARIFICATION, VIOLENCE, BLOOD & SWEARING!!!

|CATALYST|

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

•◉◓☆◓◉•

        "You poor soul, you must leave."

Startled, I whipped around, expecting to see someone standing there, but the hallway was empty. The eerie whisper echoed in my mind, and confusion crept in as I scanned my surroundings. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end, a shiver coursing through me, wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me. The voices in my head had a habit of whispering and yelling at the most inconvenient times, clouding my thoughts with their incessant chatter.

Perhaps it was those annoying voices.

I shook my head, trying to dismiss the eerie encounter. I needed to stay focused. Recalling the intricate steps of the Evil Containment Wave was crucial. I could not afford to let my mind play tricks on me now. With a deep breath, I pushed the unsettling experience to the recesses of my mind and continued walking.

The sounds of distant cheers reverberated through the halls, a stark reminder of the stakes at play. I found a quiet corner, a small alcove where I had stashed the bottle of water. Sitting down, I closed my eyes, forcing myself to center my thoughts.

Memories of my training with King Piccolo surfaced, the rigorous drills, the grueling lessons. I could still feel his cold, unyielding grip around my throat, his voice a cruel whisper in my ear. My body remembered the pain, the sensations of damage inflicted without mercy.

A bitter scoff escaped my lips as I leaned against the cold stone wall, trying to push those memories aside.

Instead, I focused on the teachings of Master Mutaito. With his calm demeanor, and his wise counsel, he was a good teacher, the one who kept me—somewhat—sane during my time as King Piccolo's weapon. I recalled the simple moments and remembered the Evil Containment Wave that Master Mutaito used against King Piccolo.

I could see his steady hands demonstrating the precise motions, and feel the immense energy it demanded. It was a technique of last resort, a desperate gamble, but one I might have to use against Junior.