23- "Yeah...Shiro, I'm gay"

Please note that this focuses on Shiro and Keith but does have some small notes from Klance and Shadam

(That yummy Shiro AND Keith Angst)

-Keith's POV-

I sigh as I scrub freshly bought strawberries from the market under the faucet. As I hover over the sink, I can hear Shiro mincing ginger for his stew; which I'm helping him whip up for Lance and Adam in the other room. At first Adam was just coming for dinner, but I had just got back from spending the day with Lance; and just as he was about to leave, Shiro grabbed Lance and insisted he at least stayed for dinner. I don't know how this man does it.

I can hear a clamor of exited voices shared between the two burn eyes in the other room. But between Shiro and I, there's no words shared between us two. 

Shiro probably sees this as a blissful silence. Well, there's been a lot of silence between us recently. Well, ever since he introduced me to his work buddy, Adam. He's been more secretive, and I know that he's keeping something from me. I know it. I won't pester the truth out, I'll respect his privacy. It's simply the silence between us that Im confused by. But, I don't show it. Instead I remain taunted by it. For me, the silent air is too stuffy because it is being clogged with all of the silent thoughts I'm letting off. 

I shiver slightly, knowing I'm going to have to tell Shiro eventually. I continue to strum my fingers around one particular strawberry, trying to formulate a plan. A damn clever one at that. Typically, I can to tell Shiro stuff. We've always been tight as fuck. 

He's adoptive brother, we've always just naturally connected. He's been someone who can read me inside out after knowing one another this long. There was just this one thing...well two things, that I've been avoiding telling him for years now.

It's just that this mean a lot to me, and so does Shiro. So if Shiro thinks it's weird, that I'm weird, it'll be like a bullet shot to an already wounded shoulder. I already have a "wounded shoulder" when it comes to trust because trust is something that I'm still learning how to understand. I don't understand how people can talk about what's happening just so easily. That's always baffled me.

For me at least, trust only takes so long to be earned because of just how much I've had my trust abused by others. It's a  natural reflex to back away or push out others. Even after I've earned your trust, I'll still be quite defensive. Many thing I'm difficult because it takes so long for them to earn my trust, or my essentially raw personality. But, if they think I'm difficult, then I don't know if they were really striving for true trust.

Anywho-Shiro, yes, I need to focus on him. I mean how do you tell your brother a secret that you've been keep to yourself for years? I wish there was a guide book. But, knowing me, I'd study that book back to cover, and fuck up anyways. Then, I don't know, set that damn manual on fire and watch it shrivel into ash.

Shiro chuckles "Keith, I can practically hear you thinking."

I groan "Oh really? And what're you gonna do about it?"

He laughs"Keith, we both know I'll figure it out eventually."

I challenge "Is that so?"

Shiro grunts, obviously meaning a "yes".

I teasingly ask "How'd you figure it out anyways?"

"For starters, you've been vigorously scrubbing that one strawberry for five minutes."

I wipe the over-washed berry a with a clean paper towel. I then nervously sputter "Oh-shut up."

"Keith, bud, you know you can talk to me, right?"